No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather-Cotto Generates 1.5 Million Buys, $94 Million

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    Well I'd assume they'd like to see him lose....?
    Don't get me wrong, I have disliked a boxer so much that I only watch him hoping he lost.

But there was no way I would pay any type of money to do so.

Maybe they are a few but it shouldn't impact the total number that it would be significant

Comment

• Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
      Hell, if I had spent 300 - 400 dollars wishing that Floyd loses like Diggler, then I would be butthurt also

Spending 300/400 dollars in the UK?

Once again, stop projecting little man. Remember to increase your font size and underline stuff in your next post

Comment

• Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
        Don't get me wrong, I have disliked a boxer so much that I only watch him hoping he lost.

But there was no way I would pay any type of money to do so.

Maybe they are a few but it shouldn't impact the total number that it would be significant
        But a lot of people do. They may be boxing fans but they just want to see Floyd lose.

I was responding to someone who said Pacquiao should be a bigger draw because he has a bigger "following".

Comment

• Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
          I'm actually surprised it wasn't higher considering they had the #2 and #3 biggest draws in the sport in america and the amount of advertising floyd spent (tens of millions)

These are still good numbers but its early in the year

Lets not forget the fact that Pac outsold floyd 2-1 last year and single handedly outsold every US PPV combined in 2012 and was the world highest paid athlete

So until the 2012 numbers are final. Pac is not only the P4P king, not only the highest paid boxer, but the highest paid athlete in the world
          Floyd just got the highest purse in boxing history, the 2nd biggest non-HW fight ever (1st was Floyd-DLH), and the 6th biggest fight ever.

Floyd has out sold Pac 4 of 5 common opponents, and did 1.1 million with JMM when the largest PPV he'd ever been on prior to that was one that did around 400K with Pac. And Floyd sold the same # of PPV's with Ortiz that Pac sold with Miguel Cotto and Oscar De La Hoya.

Floyd's ticket sales are also much much much more exspensive than Pac's, didn't you ever see that youtube video the Nevada box office guy where he was saying Floyd brings in the most money and his tickets are much more exspensive.

Stop trolling.....oh that's all you ever do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
            And if you take the average of of the Marquez fights (you should) then The Floyd is 5 for 5.

Because it was The Floyd who made Marquez a crossover name.

Pac sold 400K with Marquez... then Floyd sold 1 million plus.
            Man, you are just as bad as the Pacfans on here. Stop making excuses. Pac/Marquez III had more PPV buys than Floyd/Marquez. If Marquez was a crossover name, he would've done more PPV buys with Juan Diaz and Likar Ramos.

Comment

But a lot of people do. They may be boxing fans but they just want to see Floyd lose.

I was responding to someone who said Pacquiao should be a bigger draw because he has a bigger "following".
              He does... but a crap ton of them are in a different country and when they watch in the states, they cram into a house and have Pinoy parties which are delicious

Comment

• I honestly think if bob arum wasn't in the picture Floyd would go 50/50 IMO

Comment

The more casual boxing fans you have the more you sell.

Floyd did some Wrestling, the show Dancing with the Stars and some comercials. He is in the public eye more than some ppl would give him credit.

Laila Ali did it with the limited competition when she fought but she sold herself to the mainstream and ppl tuned in when she boxed.

Pac is a great fighter with accomplishments but hasn't been a very public figure in the states. Pac has far more endorsements than Floyd will ever have because of his image

Comment

• Whos the bigger draw is a non-issue to me, since they would both get way more PPV #s and $$$ fighting each other than fighting anyone else in boxing.

One of them should piss on the other by saying 'The winner gets the 60-40 split'.

Comment

• good numbers...i thought it would be more than that but still good numbers.

as usual the debate rages on for floyd-pac ppv comparison.

floyd sells more obviously but pac already conceded that floyd gets a higher guarantee so there's no more excuse for the fight not to happen.

Comment

Working...
                      X