Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto Eyes Year-End Return, 2 or 3 More Years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No 147 pounders Cotto. Fight top 10 154 guys. Bundrage is there for the belt for Cotto to take. Could have a nice little scrap with Molina as well as Kirkland. Canelo fight would be huge.

Comment

Originally posted by jusdippin
      i think Canelo beats cotto... i rather see cotto beat down chaver jr hate that kid
      Canelo is still too green to fight Cotto... Canelo is not beating Cotto at this point.

Comment

Cotto should fight the Berto Ortiz winner then the Alvarez Kirkland winner!

Comment

WBA 154 will likely be left vacant by Floyd jr.. There is the WBO 154 title etc. Cotto is looking for big money pay days guys like Williams, Lara, Kirkland and Molina offer nothing at this point. Chavez jr. Will be too big for Cotto it will be a blown up 154 vs. A Cruiserweight.

Comment

I have been very critical of Cotto in recent fights, and fully believed he was washed up. His performance against Mayweather proved me wrong. The fight that I want to see is him vs. Canelo. Of course my dream is to see him fight PW, but that's never happening. Him and Canelo is as big a fight as you can make without May or Pac in it and would be a potential FOTY candidate IMO.

Comment

Good to hear Cotto is happy with that performance. But he has nothing left to prove, so id be happy whatever he decides.

But people who do well against Floyd dont neccesarily continue to do well after. DLH is one of them. Maybe Floyd isnt that good, who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by lx!! View Post
                Great to hear! Always been a huge fan of Miguel even when he lost! I think the Cotto that showed up to fight may can take anyone from 147-154! Ortiz Berto winner make it happen or Canelo!
                I want cotto pac with no pinche catchweight.

Comment

Best of luck, Miguel

Sorry that you had these guys in your division during your career

Comment

Originally posted by Ruderic21 View Post
                    WBA 154 will likely be left vacant by Floyd jr.. There is the WBO 154 title etc. Cotto is looking for big money pay days guys like Williams, Lara, Kirkland and Molina offer nothing at this point. Chavez jr. Will be too big for Cotto it will be a blown up 154 vs. A Cruiserweight.
                    but who else is there to have a big payday against? canelo is probably fighting kirkland so who does cotto fight? williams is a good money fight,better than anyone there except canelo moneywise,i mean even though he hit mayweather more than we r used to seeing he still lost and only won like three rounds so if hes looking for a good payday next it has to be one ofthose guys u mentioned they the only ones there besides canelo that will be a good pay,i wouldnt mind seeing him against angulo,both coming off losses and angulo is popular with the latinos as obviously cotto is too

Comment

Kirkland's people turned down GBP and their 900k offer to fight Canelo because he is recouping from shoulder surgery. My guess is that GBP goes after K9 in an effort to have Canelo unify 2 belts. That said there isnt much for Cotto to go after in terms of available figters. Sergio at MSG would net him a nice amount of change.

Comment

Working...
                      X