Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ward-Dawson: Both Sides Working Hard To Finalize Deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I belive this fight when I see it. Have a strong feeling it ain't going to happen and excuses will come out. Hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Ward IMO would beast Dawson, especially on the inside

Comment

Dawson is an IDIOT if he doesn't force Ward to come up to 175. Since when does the reigning light heavy champ capitulate and goes down in weight, even for a money fight? I know Leonard made Donnie Lolande do it, but Ward is no Leonard!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aces725 View Post
          Easy because he felt like bute took the easy route while everyone in the tournament faced elite oppo for almost 2 years .. Bute still hasn't faced a B fighter let alone a champion fighter .. Dawson is already a proven champion and would receive much more credit for defeating him than Bute
          I agree about Bute lack of solid competition but that the last guy left in his division who's actually worth a damn and he could have made a nice payday in Montreal. However, now that I think of it, Ward isn't a KO puncher so he would most likely get robbed in a decision out there. Maybe after the Froch fight if Bute wins. Bring on Dawson! Either one moves to the other's division or a even split catch weight. Ward goes up, Dawson goes down.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
            Why did Dawson mention 168?
            thats the million dollar question!!

Comment

Intriguing match up for us purists, but Chad is no small LH. I know he's willing to move down to 168, but Ward would get so much more glory if he'd just move up a few pounds and win a LH title from a solid, legitimate champion.

Comment

dawson is stupid if he comes down

Comment

no cred for ward if it happens at 168, going down 7lbs?

make it a catchweight ladies, going up is much easier, so atleast 171-172

Comment

Ward seems anctious to get Dawson in the ring. Must see something easily exploitable in Chad's game.

Comment

Good fight which is why I doubt it will happen.

At 175 I think Dawosn will be able to use his height and reach to take a close decision. At 168 the fight is pointless. Dawson would be weight drained even if he thinks he wouldnt. Thats misinformed judgement on his part that comes with beating the guys he be's beat. Ward would be able to rough him up on the inside like he did to Green and Dawson would be too weak to throw back so the fights at 175 or they may aswel forget it IMO.

Comment

Working...
                      X