No announcement yet.

Cotto will return this year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto will return this year

Basically says hes happy with his performance and that he is eager to get back in the ring before the end of year
    http://www.elnuevodia.com/regresarae...o-1254138.html

Share on facebook Share on googlereader

Boxeo
    AA Imprimir
    10 de mayo de 2012
    12:40 p.m.
    Regresará este año Miguel Cotto
    Orgulloso de su actuación ante Mayweather

Cotto cree que puede seguir peleando hasta por tres años. (END / José Rodríguez)
    Por José Sánchez Fournier / j.sanchez@elnuevodia.com

Dorado - Aún en la derrota, Miguel Cotto se expresó ayer orgulloso de su presentación el pasado sábado ante el ahora campeón junior mediano Floyd Mayweather, Jr.

"Entiendo que ha sido mi mejor actuación", expresó hoy el púgil cagüeño durante un aparte con El Nuevo Día en Dorado Beach.

El triple campeón divisional puertorriqueño agregó que su carrera se extenderá varios años más.

"Luego de esta pelea, entiendo que puedo seguir por 2 o 3 años más", expresó Cotto, quien atribuyó gran parte de su éxito a su entrenador Pedro Luis Díaz Benítez. "Todo fue parte de su plan, se pudo hacer eso y más", añadió.

Al ring de nuevo

Cotto aclaró que tomará varias semanas de descanso, pero ansía regresar al cuadrilátero y espera pelear de nuevo antes de que termine el año en curso.

Con este señalamiento, el cagüeño deja *a un lado la opinión de su tío y exentrenador, Evangelista Cotto, quien señaló que el púgil debe considerar retirarse del boxeo luego de haber perdido la pelea el pasado sábado.

Originally posted by Boksor
    ingles por favor
    si si i need a translator too please

Comment

Translation.................

Gold - Even in defeat, Miguel Cotto yesterday expressed pride in his presentation last Saturday against junior middleweight champion now Floyd Mayweather, Jr.

"I understand that was my best performance," said the boxer Caguas today during an aside to The New Day in Golden Beach.

The Puerto Rican triple division champion said that his career will last several more years.

"After this fight, I understand that I can go for 2 or 3 years," said Cotto, who attributed much of his success to his trainer Pedro Luis Diaz Benitez. "It was all part of his plan, it could do that and more," he added.

The ring again

Cotto said it will take several weeks off, but longs to return to the ring and hopes to fight again before the end of the year.

With this remark, the Caguas leaves * aside the opinion of his uncle and exentrenador, Evangelista Cotto, who said the boxer should consider retiring from boxing after losing the fight on Saturday.

Comment

Miguel believes he can continue fighting for atleast 3 more years

He's happy with the performance he put up against Floyd, and is planning to return to the ring this year

He believes it was the best performance of his career

He says he's grateful of his trainer, Pedro Diaz, and that it was because of him that he performed so well.

He says he's going to rest for a good while, and that he's planning to fight atleast one more time before the end of the year

He ignores his uncles advice.
        Last edited by Optimistic; 05-10-2012, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Floyd will vacate anyway so Cotto can go get his belt back and unify the 154 division

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2013 View Post
            Floyd will vacate anyway so Cotto can go get his belt back and unify the 154 division
            i wanna see kirkland-cotto

Comment

Basically,

Cotto's proud of his performance and will carry on.

Comment

Damn he made Floyd bleed and that gave him ambition to carry on his career.

Comment

Originally posted by 915angel View Post
                  i wanna see kirkland-cotto
                  Id instantly bust a nutt if that fight gets made.pure fireworks

Comment

Originally posted by Unknown Champ View Post
                    Damn he made Floyd bleed and that gave him ambition to carry on his career.
                    it aint bout the bloody nose...he fought the fight of his life and made his country,his family and himself proud.he didnt back down and stuck with the game plan.if you measure that performance he put up against the most crafty fighter of this era and one of the best of all time.he can compete with anyone and beat these other average fighters.so yea thats a huge confident booster

Comment

Working...
                    X