Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vanes Turns Down Final WBC Eliminator With Lara

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys are so full of ****. The gut has been waiting for 2 years to get a title shot and he still gets asked to fight eliminators. He fought a semi-eliminator Saul Roman and he won.Then WBC asks him to fight Angulo in MEXICO with for a small 150k$ and risk of getting robbed liked Kirkland was about to be had he not stopped Angulo. Then he's ordered to fight Kirkland for an eliminator because he's number 2 in the WBC ranking. Kirkland is injured so he must face Lara? That ridiculous, he should get a straight shot? And what now? Now that Kirkland is exposed in the Molina fight, they want to let him fight Canelo, he's not injured anymore. The 2 dangerous guys Vanes and Lara must fight each other on top of that they get NO GARANTEE that they will fight Canelo? **** this bull****. You guys are all crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by AP♠ View Post
      There's a reason why he said he wasnt going to Mexico.Why not in Vegas?

To make things clear,Canelo is being paved for Mayweather easily.Free belt,probably the only guy in boxing history with the most shot fighters on resume,failed to make weight on his title shot, and since then hasnt done nothing since.
      your second paragraph has nothing to do with being robbed,u r criticizing his opponents,so back to what i was talking about which was terible scoring,even if its in vegas so what,we have seen plenty of terrible robberies there too,like i said these thing happen everywhere

Comment

I support Vanes decision 100 %. Vanes was supposed to face Kirkland for an eliminator. Kirkland is not injured anymore and gets a pass to fight Canelo because he got exposed vs Molina, but he was supposed to be fighting Vanes. Vanes got to fight Lara and he still gets no garantee he will fight Canelo. Canelo team are talking about fighting Mayweather, Cotto. Are you all really that naive and think if Vanes wins he gets a title shot? If the answer is yes, you should get your head checked.

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
          How many eliminators has Vanes already fought for Canelo and who did he fight?
          dont know but he is ranked number one,i just dont know since when hes the number one contender bcuz once u r #1 the champ has 18 months to face his mandatory...he has a ight scheduled next month and i think he should be next in line after kirkland or even next if kirkland cant in sept

Comment

Originally posted by Speedtron View Post
            I support Vanes decision 100 %. Vanes was supposed to face Kirkland for an eliminator. Kirkland is not injured anymore and gets a pass to fight Canelo because he got exposed vs Molina, but he was supposed to be fighting Vanes. Vanes got to fight Lara and he still gets no garantee he will fight Canelo. Canelo team are talking about fighting Mayweather, Cotto. Are you all really that naive and think if Vanes wins he gets a title shot? If the answer is yes, you should get your head checked.
            I understand what you're saying but since Canelo is most likely not available shouldnt Vanes be taking the best possible fights to build his name up?. If he goes out and beats a guy like Lara he will get the public behind him and bigger fights are more likely to come.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWbbmest311 View Post
              I really don't blame him, even though I wanna see him get his ass beat. Why would he take on yet ANOTHER eliminator, while canelo keeps fighting undeserving challengers 1 after an other??

If Golden Boy/WBC/Canelo signed something that said Canelo would box the winner of Lara/Vanes, I believe Vanes would take the fight.
              because the first eliminator was a joke and he fought a bum which is why it wasnt a final eliminator

Comment

Originally posted by Speedtron View Post
                of ourse hewont choose vanes over otto,cotto lost but didnt look bad,cotto is still a better ighter than vanes,vanes got put down by a journeyman in roman and by that african dude cant remember his name but he hit vanes a lot,to me vanes is trash,i prefer otto over vanes

Comment

"I want a fight. I'll fight anybody, anywhere"

"We have an opponent for you"

"who?"

"Lara"

"WBC is crooked. Im not fighting"

Comment

Vanes is never going to fight someone without a full time "real" job while being a part time boxer if this keeps up.

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
                      I understand what you're saying but since Canelo is most likely not available shouldnt Vanes be taking the best possible fights to build his name up?. If he goes out and beats a guy like Lara he will get the public behind him and bigger fights are more likely to come.
                      The only reason this fight makes sense is to build his name as you said. I agree in that regard. But again, it is hard to get 100% motivated and willing to do his best in a situation you know you deserve more if you win. Specially, for a fighter that put his health in line, if he doesn't get rewarded accordingley, it is hard to want this kind of fight. I wouldn't fight if I was in his shoes that I know.

Comment

Working...
                      X