Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Cotto: We Proved Mayweather is Not Invincible!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upon second viewing I once again gave Cotto 3 rounds. Here's what I think the problem is with the people who are saying it was "Closer then 117-111, 118-110". Those scores are on point, the issue is though is that Cotto was competitive and had a couple of moments so therefor those scores seem harsh, when in reality, they're not. Matter of fact the judges actually got it RIGHT this time.

If you re watch this fight with no bias as myself, and you KNOW HOW TO PROPERLY score a boxing match the likelihood is you'll come up with virtually the same scorecard as me. I think alot of people saw Cotto wailing on Floyd against the ropes and felt he deserved moral credit for it, he did. BUT, that doesn't mean he WON the round. Most of those shots were being smothered and slipped, the only clear punch I saw Cotto land was his jab every now and then, but then Mayweather would fire a 4-5 punch combination back at him and get back into complete control.

The only rounds I could give Cotto were 6, 8, 9. Have you guys heard the saying about a fight "It was a somewhat competitive but clear decision win" I think that very much so applies to this fight. Like I said I'm not a fan of either Floyd or Miguel, but anyone who says Cotto was shafted need to really face reality. Cotto showed he isn't shot LIKE I've BEEN saying for years, and that he is a very good fighter, and Mayweather was just the better man on the night as usual. The one thing I have to say is Diaz needs to accept the facts, and once him and Cotto review the tape I believe they will.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
      here are many of the press scores

courtesy of fight score collector
      http://fightscorecollector.blogspot.com/

Paddy Cronan - (Onthegrindboxin radio) - 117-111 Mayweather
      Suge Green - (Onthegrindboxingradio) - 114-114 Draw

Steve Kim - (Maxboxing.com) - 116-112 Mayweather

Steve Lillis - (Boxnation) - 116-112 Mayweather

Dougie Fischer - (Ring ****zine) - 116-112 Mayweather

Dan Rafael - (ESPN) - 116-112 Mayweather

John Chavez - (Boxingtruth radio) - 115-113 Mayweather

Kevin Iole - (Yahoo.com) - 115-113 Mayweather

Proboxing-fans.com Jake - 115-113 Mayweather

***************.com - 117-111 Mayweather

JakeNDAbox - (Boxingscene) - 117-111 Mayweather

David Coldwell - (Promoter) - 116-112 Mayweather

Eric Raskin (Press) - 118-110 Mayweather

Associated Press - 116-112 Mayweather

Mike Sloan - (Secondsout.com) - 116-112 Mayweather

ESPN.com - 116-112 Mayweather

Kevin Mitchell - (Guardian Uk newspaper) - 116-113 Mayweather

Tim Smith - (New York Dail News) - 117-111 Mayweather

Denzil Stone - (Onthbeak.com) - 118-110 Mayweather

Ben Thompson - (Fighthype.com) - 118-110 Mayweather

Robert Morales- (Long Beach Press Telegram) - 117-111 Mayweather

John J Raspanti - (Doghouseboxing.com) - 117-111 Mayweather

The Sweet Science.com - 117-111 Mayweather

S.I.com - (Bryan Graham) - 116-112 Mayweather

Harold Lederman - (HBO) - 117-111 Mayweather

***************.net - 118-110 Mayweather

Max Kellerman - (HBO) - 116-112 Mayweather

Steve Bunce - (Boxnation) - 116-112 Mayweather

Kieran Mulvaney - (ESPN) - 116-112 Mayweather

Tom Gray - ( Secondsout.com) - 117-111 Mayweather

pretty much in line with what the judges saw.
      Ricky Hatton "Floyd 8rds to 2. Sent the wrong score before. I'd say 7-3. Great effort from cotto, warrior,floyd for me though. I thought mayweather won, no doubt, but cotto pushed him hard.very hard.if paquiou fight isn't made,who's left for floyd?hes wholloped." - http://twitter.com/#!/realrickyhatton

Nonito Donaire "Man, I was on point with the winners tonight. Ill catch the replays on another day."

Paul Smith Jnr "118-113 Floyd Mayweather. Great match up. Mayweather unbelievably classy and sharp!"

Eddie Chambers "I have 116-112 for Floyd.. Great fight. Cotto must KO for the win. I have Floyd winning in a exciting fight! This Fight is exciting!! Floyd Defense is Amazing!!"

Lou Di Bella "Scorecards were right on. Great performance by Money. Great losing effort by tremendous Puerto Rican warrior. Fun to watch."

Dan Rafael "@FloydMayweather My story on your victory. Cong****. Hard Work & Dedication.

Floyd with a huge 12th round. He wins fight on my card 116-112. This was a great fight. Floyd W12 Cotto, 118-110, 117-111, 117-111.

He earned this one big time and great showing from Cotto."

Comment

Originally posted by Tmann400 View Post
        The one thing I have to say is Diaz needs to accept the facts, and once him and Cotto review the tape I believe they will.
        I do not think I hear Diaz giving a full-throated objection that he thought Miguel won. I don't hear that at all.

In fact, given Diaz' actions, instructions, and excitement during the fight, he knew Miguel was losing.

Diaz wasn't the one saying "keep doing what you're doing".

You can tell a corner that knows they are losing* , and Diaz knew they were losing.

*except Jack Mosley

Comment

Fight was closer cotto.won more rounds close rounds that are hard to go to the champ which was cotto proud of cotto they will be back

Comment

so im not gonna be the one sitting here saying ppl are dumb for their score cards. but it seems most of the world saw the same fight the judges did. if u wanna say they are all biased for mayweather, then thats cool too i guess. i had cotto getting 3 rounds give or take one round so the 118-110, 117-111 and 116-112 are pretty good score cards imo.

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
              Fight was closer cotto.won more rounds close rounds that are hard to go to the champ which was cotto proud of cotto they will be back
              The most you could have cotto winning is 4 rounds. IMO, 6,8,9 and MAYBE 7.

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
                People are having a hard time with separating how a fight is scored regardless of how competitive the fight may be. A fight can be very competitive with a fighter winning all 12 rounds and even though the scorecards will show a blowout everybody who watched the fight will know it was a great fight. PBF vs Cotto falls into that category even though the fight was competitive PBF won 9-10 rounds which will be reflected on the scorecards. Those scorecards won't reflect how competitive the fight was but those are the right scores.
                Yea couldn't agree more. You simply had to witness it, reading the results alone just isn't enough. They were close rounds, but rounds that Mayweather squeezed out by displaying that little extra effort/connectivity. I've always respected Floyd as the greatest fighter of this era but in my heart Cotto will always be the dark horse competitor no matter what. You can never count him out.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                  The most you could have cotto winning is 4 rounds. IMO, 6,8,9 and MAYBE 7.
                  Dammm if Cotto could win 4 rounds imagine what Direll wouldve done.

Comment

Boxing is making up new rules

Bad scoring is seemingly one of them

Cash cows will get the main load of the scoring,,,its money you know

And if you really want to win you must knockout the cash cow but if you do we will deduct points

The Blue PRINT for Mayweathers AZZ whuppin is in ORDER !!

Da Cuban TRAINER KNOWS BOXING !!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tmann400 View Post
                      Upon second viewing I once again gave Cotto 3 rounds. Here's what I think the problem is with the people who are saying it was "Closer then 117-111, 118-110". Those scores are on point, the issue is though is that Cotto was competitive and had a couple of moments so therefor those scores seem harsh, when in reality, they're not. Matter of fact the judges actually got it RIGHT this time.

If you re watch this fight with no bias as myself, and you KNOW HOW TO PROPERLY score a boxing match the likelihood is you'll come up with virtually the same scorecard as me. I think alot of people saw Cotto wailing on Floyd against the ropes and felt he deserved moral credit for it, he did. BUT, that doesn't mean he WON the round. Most of those shots were being smothered and slipped, the only clear punch I saw Cotto land was his jab every now and then, but then Mayweather would fire a 4-5 punch combination back at him and get back into complete control.

The only rounds I could give Cotto were 6, 8, 9. Have you guys heard the saying about a fight "It was a somewhat competitive but clear decision win" I think that very much so applies to this fight. Like I said I'm not a fan of either Floyd or Miguel, but anyone who says Cotto was shafted need to really face reality. Cotto showed he isn't shot LIKE I've BEEN saying for years, and that he is a very good fighter, and Mayweather was just the better man on the night as usual. The one thing I have to say is Diaz needs to accept the facts, and once him and Cotto review the tape I believe they will.
                      Agreed with most of what you said. I'd say giving Cotto the 9th is charitable. He didn't do much at all in that round, which was surprising given he'd busted Mayweather up a bit in the 8th.

Comment

Working...
                      X