Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Floyd retired today where would you honestly rank him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top 40. His competition hasn't been all that great so his 43-0 record dosn't mean that much to me

Comment

Originally posted by Elie View Post
      Top 40. His competition hasn't been all that great so his 43-0 record dosn't mean that much to me
      out of his 43 fights over 20 have been title fights.thats very impressive imo

Comment

I think seeing guys like Willie Pep and Pernell Whittaker getting increasing praise as time progresses is indicative that Floyd's style will be more appreciated over time and see him move up.

Comment

Top 10-20 ATG. Top 5 of my lifetime.

Comment

i honestly think this guy has returned and increased his legacy 10 folds if he never fights again(which i think he should have 2 more fights)he has to be ranked up there with the past legends

Comment

Dunno where, his record is impressive but against not the greatest of opponents. I still consider him highly because of the way he dominated most of his mediocre foes. Of the top of my head I would still have guys like Ali, Frazier, Louis, Foreman, Robinson, Leanord, Hearns, Hagler, Pryor, Duran, Whitaker, de la hoya, LaMotta, Basilio, Hopkins, Jones, Lewis, Tyson, Holyfield ahead of him.

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
                Dunno where, his record is impressive but against not the greatest of opponents. I still consider him highly because of the way he dominated most of his mediocre foes. Of the top of my head I would still have guys like Ali, Frazier, Louis, Foreman, Robinson, Leanord, Hearns, Hagler, Pryor, Duran, Whitaker, de la hoya, LaMotta, Basilio, Hopkins, Jones, Lewis, Tyson, Holyfield ahead of him.
                WITHOUT CHECKING....

Name all of Frazier's best wins. I will spot you ALI.

GO!

(no checking)

Comment

How could you have Delahoya ahead of Floyd?

Floyd beat DLH when DLH was younger than Floyd is now.

DLH lost nearly every big fight he was in: Trinidad, Mosley 2x, Hopkins, Pacquiao...

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
                    WITHOUT CHECKING....

Name all of Frazier's best wins. I will spot you ALI.

GO!

(no checking)
                    Dunno about you but i really liked his fight with Quarry, was an absolute slufest. His victories over Chuvalo and Ellis are really impressive too, not to mention he took Ali to hell and back in all 3 fights. \
                    His 1 victory over ALI >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Anything on Floyds resume

Comment

disagree on Oscar,Tyson,Frazier and Lamotta and Pryor

Comment

Working...
                      X