Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather/Cotto PPV Buys over 2 million???? and $12 million dollar gate #5 all-time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Check View Post
    are we still playing this game? It has everything to do with Mayweather being the number 1 draw and Cotto being number 3 and very little for Canelo. Pac fans trying to find anyway to discredit the numbers, smh. BTW, this isn't the first time Canelo has been on an undercard of Mayweather. I have a feeling his popularity didn't grow 500,000 ppv buys in under a year
    yea canelo was on the mayweather/ortiz and mayweather/mosley undercard

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
      300k would be a big number for Canelo and then maybe we could adjust the though process. I just can't see him doing anywhere near that. We'll see though. If he fights Kirkland and the undercard is good I will buy. He's a good watch.
      I will wait and see he might be able to do 300k but that is a real big number, people get it twisted nowadays and expect a million but if he can draw 300k he is a big star.

He is talented and has been put in a spot to succeed, but I still want to see it before I start throwing out praise for his drawing power.

Oh yea I am certainly interested as a fighter and woudl for sure buy him versus Kirkland if I have to.
      Last edited by The Gambler1981; 05-06-2012, 07:50 PM.

Comment

More BS by schaefer. I doubt these two went over 1.5. I think pbf has hit a ceiling w/ the amount of sales they can squeeze out.

Comment

LOL
          UFC on FOX bombed!
          2 million viewers!

They got beat by an NCIS RE-run AGAIN!

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
            with mosley, canelo and cotto on the card it should do close to 2 - but [B]floyd can't take all the credit for that.
            he shouldn't but he will though

just like he did when he fought oscar.

floyd deserves at least 50% of credit

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              How much do you think it will do?
              I can't estimate but I think it will be a great number though. You have 2 of the top 3 biggest draw in the sport. Plus you can Canelo who is a draw with Mexicans whether people like to admit or not and the Mexican Americans with Cinco de Mayo it should do big. If I have to guess I would say no less than 1.5 so it's a major success.

Comment

Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
                he shouldn't but he will though

just like he did when he fought oscar.

floyd deserves at least 50% of credit
                I would say he deserves more than 50% of the credit. He is the biggest draw in the sport. But, not all the credit.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                  How Many of those buys were for CANELO?

Not that many, and you will all realise that. If he was capable of selling 300K PPV on his own he would be headlining. I have nmo doubt he will be a PPV attraction, but it takes time.

People always want to place the credit at the feet of anyone other than Floyd.

Floyd is a bonafide PPV star. People need to get over it.

Comment

Numbers the day after the fight?
                    Tell me it isn't so!

Comment

Originally posted by TR vs. GB View Post
                      Kevin Iole ‏ @KevinI
                      Richard Schaefer said PPV is tracking well. He said "it could" finish over 2 million. Said it is "big time ahead" of Money-Ortiz fight
                      Expand
                      Reply Retweet Favorite

Kevin Iole ‏ @KevinI
                      Attendance was 16,047. Gate was $11,999,996. Closed circuit attendance in LV was 9,286
                      Arum better hope those PPV numbers are not even close to 2 million.

Comment

Working...
                      X