No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Goes To War, Defeats Cotto in Twelve

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
    Your an idiot cotto thru less punches and made floyd work he b7sted his mouth and nose it was a close fight stop it was no wide ud judges did That to make floyd look good
    they score rounds not the whole fight. There were some close rounds but not a close fight. Cotto won no more than 2 and a sentimental judge could probably give him 2 more comparitive rounds at best but thats still 116-114 or 8 - 4. Thats still pretty wide for 2 elite level fighters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky=Ward View Post
      cotto was a natural welter then. Hell he went into fights at 146. Not only that, he wasn't nearly as punch drunk as he is now. Cotto fought the same way against pac, except pac hit's harder and nailed him a lot more.

But nice try though
      Did you see how he looked when he weighed in at '46 for the Clottey fight... uh yeah... '45 is really something to boast about, yeah?

Comment

• This was a great fight and the judges had it spot on.
        Now, what's this I see here about Pacquiao beating Mayweather? Come on now people. Mayweather does not always fight like this. In this fight Mayweather fought on the inside and that's where Cotto was strong but he still won that fight.
        Pacquiao will be at 147 and he be taken apart from the outside. Stop being delusional.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
          I gave Cotto 4 rounds.
          Is it unreasonable that Cotto get 5 rds?
          I think some of the rds were pretty close.

Comment

• Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
            I know one thing. Floyd ain't beating Sergio Martinez at 154 and especially 160. Cotto landed on Floyd I know for sure Martinez would put Floyd on the canvas. Fight won't happen. Floyd goes back to 147.
            yea bro... as much as i hate Floyd i don't wanna see my boi get knocked out!

Comment

• Originally posted by twosweethooks View Post
              Floyd is good, he proved it but he is very much beatable and he is NOT as great as all you thought he was.

HE fought but it thrilled me that there were no cuts to stop the fight and neither did Cotto QUIT and throw in the towel

Matter of fact he showed us how to whip Mayweather , what will whip Mayweather , what you have to do to whip Mayweather and who can do it.

Thrilling fight, Cotto did better than I thought he would do, I was hoping he could get to JRs Chin and put him on his back,,,,I was hoping he would take the last two rounds but he stopped punching, maybe he was too tired.

Somebody who won't stand there , somebody who is lightning fast, somebody with Power, some body with stamina to fight strong from 1 to 12 will dismantle

JR

and not only bloody his mouth and nose

give him a beat down

and KO his A$$

Isn't life Grand , smiles

Arum needs to get out of the nice way

if that doesn't happen we all will be sorely displeased

Mr. Martinez will be gunning for JR

Martinez will KO JR don't ya think, LMAO

Pac will KO JR

IF SLOW SHOP WARN GOOD OLE COTTO CAN DO WITH THE SPEED HE has , or I should say the speed he didn't have , those with speed will do your idol in for good and the

Myth of Mayweather will float away on a breeze
              No one beats him standing in the middle of the ring. To beat Floyd, you have to pressure him, cut the ring off, it helps to be bigger, and muscle him and don't let him get off.

Pac isn't bigger, can't cut the ring, and can't muscle him. Hey I hope that fight happens. Floyd looked sharp, won the fight by a wide UD.

People get the most ****** after Floyd fights, it's sad.

Comment

• A lot of you are showing how little you actually know about boxing and it's pathetic.

Comment

• Originally posted by spoonwars View Post
                  Yeah, no one beats Floyd at 147 with his cherry picking ways.
                  Especially Manny, Bradley is gonna give Manny EVERYTHING he can handle. Manny will disappoint once again.

Comment

• Dreaming.

Originally posted by jg77 View Post
                    Floyd got the early rounds by default, he didn't do much in those rounds but squirm around. Tbh, anyone who says Cotto won isn't blind. I think many of us get fed by HBO, Box Nation or whatever and they give us the assertion that Mayweather is dominating. I think Mayweather won, but 115-113 sounds about right, I thought even a draw would be appropriate.
                    Wrong, it wasn't that close. I watched it on Al-jazeera live streamed, so had no idea what the commentators were saying let alone Lampley, Merchant & co.

Floyd fought brilliantly...he was forced to do so by an excellent Miguel Cotto. It was 116 - 112 at the most but I scored it 117 - 111 to Floyd. I like both these guys btw, Floyd for his superior skills and Miguel for being a proud warrior & great guy.

Be happy, both fighters stocks went up tonight.

Comment

• cotto fought a hell of a fight and proved his class,, mayweather deserves respect for a great fight..

oh and by the way martinez would kill floyd and miguel just spittin the truth!

Comment

Working...
                      X