Comments Thread For: Adrien Broner: If I Touch Gamboa, He Won't Get Back Up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    lmao

Broner's got a future; but, right now, Gamboa smokes him.
    Broner hasn't faced anyone like Gamboa. He would be in shock and not knowing wtf to do when he sees the speed and power.

Gamboa has hit the canvas but when has he been hurt? If you think about it, look what happens to his opponents when he gets up? He comes rushing like a bull and finishes them off. So it's in Broner's best interest to NOT drop Gamboa if you ask me . I think those KD's have been just him being out of balance. Sometimes he gets caught up in the moment with the excitement and fights all crazy. **** is funny actually.

Comment

That's true.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
        I don't remember the name, but he was definitely hurted against one guy in his HBO debut and also Salido shaked him pretty bad. It's not all about balance.
        Salido hurt Gamboa...? Like I said when he gets dropped he's coming for you. He ended up dropping Salido twice afterwards. I guess Ill have to look back to see who you're talking about. I got his whole 'career' on DVD but I don't ever remember seeing him hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
          Yawn

But you don't wanna fight Salido? Gamboa by KO 4th round.

With type of bum Broner's been fighting he'll never be ready for Gamboa. I think him finishing these guys early is making him think he can run thru ANYBODY.
          Men I like that post and picture!!!!!!

Comment

I think Broner vs Gamboa would be a interesting matchup and im not sure who to give the edge too. Gamboa is a great little fighter with blazing speed, and like Juan Manuel Marquez, does his best work after suffering a Knockdown. Broner seems to be a great fighter too however fighting soft opponents like Gary Sykes or even Eloy Perez does little to judge his abilities. Broner did look great against a faded Litzau but looked very average against Ponce deLeon. Doubtful this fight will ever be made, but i would check out.

Comment

i think he'll get back up

he'll find his way back to the canvas eventually, though

broner via stoppage. you gotta like the guy with the defense in this one, especially considering he's so much bigger.
              when broner is gamboa's age he could very well be a welterweight

gamboa managed to get dropped by very poor competition. his style has changed around a bit, but lets be real, the kid isnt really a professional boxer

he fights in spots and uses his athletic talent. his chin is out there at all times. he moves in and out and to the sides, but he's not really boxing. he's got a very unique style. he's a fighter

broner might not be as good at putting shots together as gamboa at this stage, but he's much more defensively sound
              he can carry a round with boxing. he's hard to hit. he's bigger. got a lot more reach.

broner via stoppage in a wild fight. wouldnt be surprised to see both of these little dudes on the floor. gamboa is too fast and too much of a winner. he won a damn gold medal. if he's in deep i think he'll come out like a whirling dervish

they would stare at eachtoher for a round or two. you dont spar with guys with that kind of speed and power. it would be completely new to either guy.

eventually something's going to start to land. they're too fast and they do have a lot to prove. i dont think they'll stink the joint out, though that's certainly a possibility.

unrelated :

i see some good posters in this thread.

how pissed are you guys that the site is closed from 4:00 eastern time until well after the fight?

i am ripsh
              it
              Last edited by New England; 05-05-2012, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Gamboa is in another class

Okay, good for him, BUT I have a bad news, GAMBOA is a Beast, better for Broner to go after fight like vs Garcia, Salido, and after that if he can pass the super-hard Salido try with Gamboa. Any ways Gamboa will give him a good schooling.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
                  Why is that?

too much traffic on the servers i believe

how that's an issue is beyond me (if these things make money via the traffic the site gets you should be able to get more bandwith if you're getting more traffic. simple economics.)

but it is

Comment

Would be a great fight at 130lb.

Comment

I like Broner...I full expect him to be confident in himself, he is speaking from a FIGHTERS STANDPOINT...NOT FROM A FAN STANDPOINT so he should feel like he can beat ANYBODY

I would love to see that match up down the line, that has the potential to be a HUGE FIGHT

Comment

Working...
                      X