No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Geale May Turn To Sturm if Pirog Fight Falls Through

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
    we will have even better match-up in N'Jikam - Pirog. Hassan is much better fighter than Gaele.
    Seriously, did anyone who is getting excited over N'Jikam actually watch his last fight?

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
      Seriously, did anyone who is getting excited over N'Jikam actually watch his last fight?
      His style can turn some ppl off but yes Lorenzo being INeffective with his aggression walking forward doesn't win fights

Comment

Originally posted by RyunosukeRonin View Post
        His style can turn some ppl off but yes Lorenzo being INeffective with his aggression walking forward doesn't win fights
        My mistake. I was talking Avtandil Khurtsidze, who is only 5′ 4″. I thought N'Jikam should have lost that one.
        Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 05-03-2012, 07:03 PM.

Comment

I saw a lot of him, and rating him above Gaele doesn't necessary mean I think he's great, it's just Gaele who is just bum-champion whos best win is over bum and should've lost his last fight.
          And no, his win over Khurtsidze was legit, he outlanded him by far, people just tend to give big edge to aggressor, what judges, especially european, are not doing.
          Agreed... about Khurtsidze the more I watch N'Jikam I like him which wasn't the case initially but his constant movement is really remarkable would like to see stay in the pocket more but he does have that vulnerabilty that makes all his fights intereseting....

Comment

What a mess one organazation is going to force a mando the other won't Sturm is not going to fight Golovkin I'd be shocked if he did he'll find a way out he's done it before.

Step aside money should solve this problem with Pirog/Geale which is a good fight but the biggest appeal is that it's a unification to be held on HBO bcse N'Jikam if he wins impressively is a better fight and bigger threat to Pirog
            Geale is good but Pirog is just better at everything compared
            Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
            Wasn't this one of 2 fights HBO was trying to do a double header with? Pirog-Geale and forgot who the other two were.
            Pretty sure it was Showtime.

I saw a lot of him, and rating him above Gaele doesn't necessary mean I think he's great, it's just Gaele who is just bum-champion whos best win is over bum and should've lost his last fight.
            And no, his win over Khurtsidze was legit, he outlanded him by far, people just tend to give big edge to aggressor, what judges, especially european, are not doing.
            N'jikam's home crowd boo'd the decision.

Agreed... about Khurtsidze the more I watch N'Jikam I like him which wasn't the case initially but his constant movement is really remarkable would like to see stay in the pocket more but he does have that vulnerabilty that makes all his fights intereseting....
            The majority of his movement is completely unecessary and nothing more than wasted energy. He outright runs quite frequently. Put him in the ring with someone who is effective at cutting off the ring like Golovkin or Pirog and he's a sitting duck. Im interested to see how good Maksym does that tomorrow, if he can then he has a good chance in the fight.

People never mention Khurtsidze but he's a top MW for sure and very exciting to watch.
            Last edited by Mikhnienko; 05-03-2012, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
              Pretty sure it was Showtime.

N'jikam's home crowd boo'd the decision.

The majority of his movement is completely unecessary and nothing more than wasted energy. He outright runs quite frequently. Put him in the ring with someone who is effective at cutting off the ring like Golovkin or Pirog and he's a sitting duck. Im interested to see how good Maksym does that tomorrow, if he can then he has a good chance in the fight.

People never mention Khurtsidze but he's a top MW for sure and very exciting to watch.
              Don't disagree about his wasted energy when he does decide to stand his ground he's got some pop and decent upper body movement when he loses it be in flames and clearly Golovkin was not the one they wanted to test

I've only seen a few rounds of Bursak but he did seem to be more technical than some of N'Jikam last few opponents so that's got my attention

Comment

And as for Khurtsidze, I'm big fan of him, but he's just not that good and additionally I belive that with his style he may be past prime. His fight with Ossie could've gone either way and his effort against N'Jikam is overrated.
                N'Dam has flaws, but also very strong sides. You don't need to be able to beat guy like Golovkin to be among best middleweights in the world.
                A not that good past prime midget beat the **** out of N'Jikam you say? My point exactly!

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                  Wasn't this one of 2 fights HBO was trying to do a double header with? Pirog-Geale and forgot who the other two were.
                  Yes, the other fight was going to be Trout-Dzinziruk (One of the stipulations in Dzinziruk's deal to fight Martinez was that HBO guaranteed him a return fight on the network).

Comment

It's a shame what the WBO is trying here. Pirog wants to fight Martinez and is rejected by Dibella. Pirog wants to unify with Gaele and he's rejected by the WBO too.

I can understand all the posters who are dissatisfied with Pirog's opposition after the Jacobs fight, but it seems that there are too many roadblocks for him. Management and ABC organisations just can't or won't support an ascend of this fighter.
                    Last edited by sweet-s; 05-04-2012, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X