Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Far will Mayweather Promotions go?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Realistically he can take it very far. If you really think about it, Floyd is basically in the same position Oscar was in when he started GBP. A few other things to mull over:

- Floyd has bucketloads of his own money he can pour into MP.

- He understands how the business side of boxing operates and how to promote fights.

- The biggest point though is that he has the backing of Al Haymon, who is a savvy businessman, who knows how to promote events and is well connected to HBO, which some boxing media have often referred to as Haymon Boxing Organisation. Via Haymon, floyd also now has these connections.

Haymon is key here. When you think about it, Mayweather is getting green and young propspects like Vargas 100k paydays. A young fighter who sees that will want to join MP. Logistically they have a cordial working relationship with GBP via Schafer, they have Haymon, they have Floyd himself, who's role could be similar to Oscar's (though i could see more hands on approach to promotions and even matchmaking), Floyd's entire staff, a headquarters to train fighters in Vegas ie MBC.

I actually think they are going about it the right way. They are slowly and surely building their credentials as a promoter, not trying to expand too fast which is usually the riskiest time in any business.

From a business perspective their is no reason they can't become a powerful promotional outfit with alot of good names under their banner. If that happens and they continue to have a good working relationship with GBP, they can squeeze out Top Rank more and more. Though in terms of business, it's not personal for Floyd. Once Bob moves on, Debouf takes over, and Floyd and DeBouf are on good terms.

Comment

Originally posted by commodus View Post
      Ronaldo is the highest payed Soccer player in the world. He dosent even make what Floyd makes before PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by Come∂ian View Post
        Ronaldo is the highest payed Soccer player in the world. He dosent even make what Floyd makes before PPV.
        maybe ..but you cant buy respect my man...

Comment

he got paid 80 Million in 09 alone....

Comment

he got paid 80 Million in 09 alone....
            Jesus..... he was BOUGHT by Real Madrid from Manchester United for £80 million which is 136 million in american dollars.....he didnt see a DIME of that money. He had a contract put in play with Real Madrid for €11 million per year which is $14,444,092. So in 2009 he made $14,444,092 off being a soccer player..... Reading comprehension is key my friend. Try again...I'll wait.

Comment

Jesus..... he was BOUGHT by Real Madrid from Manchester United for £80 million which is 136 million in american dollars.....he didnt see a DIME of that money. He had a contract put in play with Real Madrid for €11 million per year which is $14,444,092. So in 2009 he made $14,444,092 off being a soccer player..... Reading comprehension is key my friend. Try again...I'll wait.
              http://www.celebritynetworth.com/ric...ldo-net-worth/

and he's so much younger then Floyd too by the time he retires he will have made more then Floyd
              Last edited by Snake...; 05-03-2012, 12:38 AM.

Comment

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/ric...ldo-net-worth/

and he's so much younger then Floyd too by the time he retires he will have made more then Floyd

But everything your saying is pointless to your original statement....Floyd makes more money in 36 minutes of work the Ronaldo makes in a year. Are you gonna try to find another athlete that make more then Floyd? I can wait....

Comment

But everything your saying is pointless to your original statement....Floyd makes more money in 36 minutes of work the Ronaldo makes in a year. Are you gonna try to find another athlete that make more then Floyd? I can wait....
                  pretty sure Messi and Ronaldo get paid more reportedly....but whatever i don't really care

in any case Messi and CR9 are going to end there careers with more money then Floyd

Comment

pretty sure Messi and Ronaldo get paid more reportedly....but whatever i don't really care

in any case Messi and CR9 are going to end there careers with more money then Floyd
                    "In any case blah blah blah".... WHO MAKES MORE THEN FLOYD NOW.

Comment

"In any case blah blah blah".... WHO MAKES MORE THEN FLOYD NOW.
                      pretty sure it's messi or ronaldo people can only speculate what messi makes and it's reportedly a lot more then what you posted mayweather makes

Comment

Working...
                      X