Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: I'm Getting Better, I'll Be Sharper With Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who knows where they're coming from. You know this site likes to recycle stuff said a long time ago. I don't know how many times i've commented on the same story on this site cause they'll make two threads off the same quote, just make sure they post it several days apart.

Comment

When he proves it against the P4P elite, I'll be impressed. No reason for him NOT to fight Martinez or Pacquiao next, other than him not wanting it. One win via sucker punch in two years, and vs Victor Ortiz of all people is no proper barometer

Comment

this fight has stoppage written all over it,cotto may look good in training but i beg to differ about his mental state

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
          I think Floyd will TKO Miguel. I was watching the Ortiz fight and one thing I noticed is by the 3rd it was as if Floyd had already figured him out and started to let his hands go more. I just haven't seen anything from Cotto's last few fights that suggests he'll defeat Mayweather.
          I do understand why PBF is and should be the favorite for this fight but Cotto has more boxing skills and resources than Ortiz, and probably PBF's biggest risk, compare to the fighters PBF has faced at the stage (age) he has faced them. I believe Cotto will probably bring out a Mayweather we have not seen in a while. I just hope my boy pulls out an upset, although I know it will be very difficult
          Originally posted by hitking View Post
          I wouldnt go as far to say Mayweather has gotten better with age. But I will say he's adjusted his style in order to remain just as dominant as he was in his physical prime. And the stats show, he's actually getting hit less as a welterweight than he did as a lightweight.
          Agree. He has adjusted his stlye very well.
          Kind of reminds me of MJ in basketball.
          At the beggining it was mostly penetration and slam dunks, as he got older and smarter he develop the fade-away.

Comment

So Floyd and quite a few people Floyd is not only in his prime, he is still improving.

Where as quite a few people have commented Pacquiao is declining ever since the Cotto fight.

Could this be the reason why Floyd was putting off fighting Pacquiao and how much longer will Floyd wait till he feels the balance has shifted in his favour.

Also Floyd has said in the past fighters don't improve one past a certain stage, suggesting Pacquiao PED link.

So what has Floyd been up to in his time of to make these improvements?

Comment

See....I told y'all yesterday that Floyd was still in his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                So Floyd and quite a few people Floyd is not only in his prime, he is still improving.

Where as quite a few people have commented Pacquiao is declining ever since the Cotto fight.

Could this be the reason why Floyd was putting off fighting Pacquiao and how much longer will Floyd wait till he feels the balance has shifted in his favour.

Also Floyd has said in the past fighters don't improve one past a certain stage, suggesting Pacquiao PED link.

lmao wow man, just wow. you really should get a life, its bordering on pathetic lunacy now. why dont you just buy some fight tickets and fly over to vegas for the fight, and there might be a small chance you can shake floyds hand. a stalker like you can surely find your way in to wherever floyd is at the moment. absolutely astonishing the level of obssession you have with floyd...

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post

The people who make the bolded statements are manny diehards like you that get the sense they may fight one another and are making excuses in advance so you don't have to give floyd credit when he wins.

Manny did the same thing ODH and SHane did, avoided fighting floyd when each was in his prime. While each refused for different reasons, and the fans of each and floyds haters justify those excuses, they all had a different option to choose.

Coincidence, I think not!

Comment

a serious to the people that actually think that Floyd Mayweather is still in his prime. He just isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                      The people who make the bolded statements are manny diehards like you that get the sense they may fight one another and are making excuses in advance so you don't have to give floyd credit when he wins.

Manny did the same thing ODH and SHane did, avoided fighting floyd when each was in his prime. While each refused for different reasons, and the fans of each and floyds haters justify those excuses, they all had a different option to choose.

Coincidence, I think not!

you are incorrect. he is a floyd fanatic, not a manny diehard. I have never seen anyone be more in love with floyd than this dude. no doubt about it, he is floyds number 1 fan. doesnt matter what he says or does, its all an act to detract. It is clear as day - this dude is purely obssessed with floyd and no one else. He can deny it til hes blue in the face, no one here will argue with me about, cause they know its true. not ONE of his posts doesnt mention floyd in some way, not ONE!...

Comment

Working...
                      X