No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto Believes in His Size, Power Against Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
    Wrong .... first choice was Floyd but Floyd wanted all the PPV money (ie. roadblock)

I wasn't trying to say that it was Arum not Manny .... I was getting at: Manny can't go up to 154 and doesn't want to for one and that he wants to stay at 147. If he were to try to go back up just to make a fight, of course he would ask for a CW as he can barely make 147.

you guys can only understand about "weight" problems when it doesn't have to do with Manny.

By the way, Floyd has had many come in OVER there career fighting weight .... You think Marquez felt "comfortable" fighting at 146, a CW when he was 2 fights away from fighting at 130?
    There is no such thing as a career fighting weight unless your career is over and you never went outside a division , as an athlete matures so does his weight , when an athlete who has constantly fasted to stay as light as he can gains weight to move up i, ts then very hard to lose what you once could , this is why the lighter weight fighters move up as they age .

To force a fighter up is nowhere near the handicap to him as it is to force them down , if you care to look at Mannys entire career he has been the bigger man in the majority of his fights right up until he started CWing bigger opponents , then it doesnt matter being smaller because you weakened the bigger man with your CW , Manny could not beat Cotto Oscar or Margo without a CW , thats why he refuses to fight them without it .

Now apply the same to Floyds career and you will find he has been the smaller man in the vast majority of his fights , I think only JMM was smaller and he wasnt weakened he was the same weight where is was robbed against Manny , while the same weight JMM Floyd schooled him like an amateur .

Comment

• Originally posted by littlemac View Post
      Thank you thats why he ducked Cotto. Cotto would be too strong for Manny thats why Manny ducked him. Am glad you finally came to your senses as to why Manny won't fight a full hydrated Cotto. Its cool we still have other fighters that don't need to handicap their opponents by draining them cause there too strong.

Floyd will probably be with in couple pounds from what Manny will be weighing against Bradley, in his(Floyd's) fight with Cotto at a full 154 weight class!
      You guys need to get your stories straight .... First of all, I'm sure it will be more than a couple of pounds (ie. more like 4 or 5+). Secondly, you just stated the difference .... Floyd is bigger than Manny and can add those extra important pounds to challenge guys at 154 limit.

It's not because Manny is too scared its that he can't even make 147 ..... what you are saying is comparable to Floyd barely making 154 and asking him to fight Martinez at 160. Is Floyd too scared?

Comment

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
        There is no such thing as a career fighting weight unless your career is over and you never went outside a division , as an athlete matures so does his weight , when an athlete who has constantly fasted to stay as light as he can gains weight to move up i, ts then very hard to lose what you once could , this is why the lighter weight fighters move up as they age .

To force a fighter up is nowhere near the handicap to him as it is to force them down , if you care to look at Mannys entire career he has been the bigger man in the majority of his fights right up until he started CWing bigger opponents , then it doesnt matter being smaller because you weakened the bigger man with your CW , Manny could not beat Cotto Oscar or Margo without a CW , thats why he refuses to fight them without it .

Now apply the same to Floyds career and you will find he has been the smaller man in the vast majority of his fights , I think only JMM was smaller and he wasnt weakened he was the same weight where is was robbed against Manny , while the same weight JMM Floyd schooled him like an amateur .
        Like I said, you need to get your stories straight. You criticize Manny for CW, but for Floyd, "it's OK because ......... it's my hero Floyd. " lol!

Are you for real? Marquez had to climb 3 weight divisions practically because he was just 2 fights away from 130! You think Marquez was comfortable because its different going up in weight? lol!

Comment

Working...
        X