No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto Believes in His Size, Power Against Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hallaqsillaq View Post
    Pay attention to 24/Y EP3. Díaz is taking urea and lactic acid samples, periodically, from Cotto to determine, scientifically, his stamina improvements.

I think we will all be shocked with Cotto's level of preparation come Saturday.
    I get what Diaz is doing there but that is kind of false advertising though. The mind and body is going to react differently fight night than it is during training. Cotto is more relaxed in training that he is during the fight so that is why I feel that is false advertising. I respect and get what Diaz is doing but I would never buy stock in that. I mean we all know James Toney is totally out of shape but he is never winded in a fight because he fights so relaxed and Cotto is in shape but gasses cause he doesn't relax in fights as well as PBF or Toney does.

Comment

• LOL at people still bringing up the Castillo fight, as if none of the fighters after Castillo have tried to use that same strategy

if you think Mayweather did not learn from that 1st Match Up himself...THEN YOUR STUPID and "YOU DON'T KNOW ***** ABOUT BOXING"

stop hyping up Castillo as if he was the best fighter Mayweather ever fought just because he did some things that was effective against Mayweather YEARS AGO!

Mayweather is a much smarter fighter now then he was back then

Comment

• Originally posted by MalikKnucklez View Post
        And when folks talk about Cotto having a "size" advantage, what exactly do they mean? Are we talking about just physical mass/build?

Because last time I checked, Floyd was actually an inch taller and had about 5 inches in reach on Miguel...

maybe I'm missin something?
        Cotto has no real size advantage at all really. Mayweather has looked very strong in his last few fights and he physically handled Shane who is strong himself.

Comment

• Cotto is a midget so let's not even entertain any supposed size advantage. He will be smaller than Floyd, slower and less accurate. It is what it is.

Comment

• Everybody knows Floyd lost the 1st Castillo fight and he got the nod because he was being groomed under Bob Arum at that time. Pac has all the weapons to wipe Floyd out quickly. Pac is faster, yes faster, throws a lot more punches with accuracy and applies pressure all night and can fight going backwards which is Floyd's weakness. Cotto by upsetting knockout.

Comment

• Originally posted by sicko View Post
              LOL at people still bringing up the Castillo fight, as if none of the fighters after Castillo have tried to use that same strategy

if you think Mayweather did not learn from that 1st Match Up himself...THEN YOUR STUPID and "YOU DON'T KNOW ***** ABOUT BOXING"

stop hyping up Castillo as if he was the best fighter Mayweather ever fought just because he did some things that was effective against Mayweather YEARS AGO!

Mayweather is a much smarter fighter now then he was back then
              It is genuinely comical when anyone brings up Castillo 1.

But I like it... I can immediately classify that person as someone's opinion that I can't respect. It saves me time.

Comment

• Originally posted by vinny2006 View Post
                Everybody knows Floyd lost the 1st Castillo fight and he got the nod because he was being groomed under Bob Arum at that time. Pac has all the weapons to wipe Floyd out quickly. Pac is faster, yes faster, throws a lot more punches with accuracy and applies pressure all night and can fight going backwards which is Floyd's weakness. Cotto by upsetting knockout.
                If that is the case, then why doesn't Pacquiao just blow away Marquez the way he will blow away Floyd?

Marquez should be EASIER for Pac: smaller, slower, less defensive skill than Floyd. Right?

Please help me understand.

Comment

• I hope, Cotto by an upsetting knockout. If Cotto sees what I see, it's that one punch that will easily hit Floyd all night. It will go threw Floyd's defense because he was always weak at defending it, no one never really threw it consistantly with a lot of accuracy. I believe Cotto sees it and I already know that Pac is waiting to land it.

Comment

• You Pac fans are hilarious, all you can ever bring up is the "1st Castillo fight" LOL. So in a 42 fight career, Floyd has 1 win that may have been questionable or a close decision that could have gone either way. So what does Floyd do? He fights him again and beats him convincingly. How about Pac getting knocked out twice by journeymen, being outboxed and whipped by Morales and then being outboxed 3 times by JMM and getting BS decisions? Enough with the 1st Castillo fight BS, it is old.

Back to what the post speaks about, Cotto will probably be the one who is going to be shocked at Floyds size and strength. Shane also thought he was going to muscle Floyd around the ring, so did Ortiz and you see what happened in those fights. Ortiz is just as big and strong as Cotto, and younger and faster. I am not saying the fight will play out similarly, not at all. I think Cotto is a live dog and Floyd will need to be on his game 100%. However, since Cotto is somewhat slow and methodical/plodding, needs to sit down on his shots and is not a 1 punch KO fighter, I don't see how he is going to take out Floyd. Unless Floyd lays on the ropes or infights with Cotto and gives him opportunities, I can't see how Cotto is going to do any real damage. Floyd has a 5" reach advantage, is faster and more accurate and Cotto is easy to hit and his face damages easily. What do you think that probably equals? Everytime Cotto is close to do damage, his face is going to take shot after shot. I think by the 7th-8th round Cotto's face will be busted up.

Comment

• I don't see Cotto having much of a size advantage over Mayweather on the night of the fight. I don't see him weighing more than what Ortiz weighed the night of the fight either. It's kind of similar.

Comment

Working...
                      X