Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez is Aiming To Be The Next Idol of Mexico

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mares > Canelo

Comment

Well, doing better than Chavez Jr. Only person who likes him is his dad... and that's only because they're related

Comment

Like Bob Arum said "boxing is a business", why can't fighters say the same thing. If Canelo can sell out a stadium fighting bums then let it be, he should make his money. I mean, PAC is considered a great and he fights old bums or fighter that just got ktfo why can't Canelo do the same, plus he's only 21...

Comment

Canelo is taking his time to complete himself as a fighter. He has charisma, and a fun style of boxing......

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Alberto View Post
            Dude, STFU. Canelo isn't the only white Mexican in Mexico! There are millions and millions of white Mexicans all over Mexico and the rest of the globe (my family included). Ask any Mexican and they'll tell you that's it's not uncommon at all. After all, Mexico was invaded by the Spanish and French; and have had plenty of immigrants from Holland, Germany, and Argentina (who have plenty of white people themselves)!
            Chavez is white. He looks whiter than Malignaggi. The connfusing term in the U.S. is " being white ". You can be dark but considered white ( arabs ). The correct term should be Anglo-Saxon or of Northern European descend. Some Spaniards look more " European " than others. Take soccer for example, Pedro is dark, he is the typical Spaniard , yet considered white in Europe but Latino in the US. Now look at NiņO Torres, also from Spain , he looks more " european " cause he is blond.

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
              isn't he already? this kid hasn't done squat but i heard he's already filling up stadiums there in mexico. meanwhile a legend like JMM can only get a couple thousands to come to his fights. what a joke. i hope mosley knocks this hypejob out.
              if I remember correctly only a couple thousand people showed up to Canelo's last fight in Mexico

while Marquez sold out a stadium of +21 k

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                Well, doing better than Chavez Jr. Only person who likes him is his dad... and that's only because they're related
                Wroooong!!!!!! Muchahaideen loves JCC Jr. more than his own dead...he worships JCC Jr... a/k/a (dinero de la baca)...lol

Comment

You can't compare Canelo Alvarez to Dela Hoya. Dela Hoya fought in the Olypmics and came home with the gold medal. Canelo has done nothing but beat bums. At 21 years old he already has 40 fights and no losses. Gimme a break!!!! Anyone can be undefeated if you cherry pick opponents. Same thing with Chavez Jr, who has 47 fights and 0 losses. He fought 22 times in 24 months some place in Mexico. What does that tell you about the quality of their opponents. Who are they fooling????

Comment

Working...
                  X