No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez is Aiming To Be The Next Idol of Mexico

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mgsooner View Post
    You don't become the "idol of Mexico" by being gifted a title and then making fluff defense after fluff defense. I realize he's still very young, but at some point he has to fight somebody that can punch.
    I think that is the point of Saturday's fight. Mosley can pack a mean punch although his reflexes and agility aren't what they used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by commodus View Post
      he trained for the molina fight and got schooled.....canelo vs molina should be the fight to make molina is a bigger threat to upset canelo
      There were reports that Kirkland was nearly 40 lbs - yes, FORTY - over the weight limit just over a month prior to the Molina fight, so no, he didn't train. Or if he did it certainly wasn't very hard.

Molina falls into the Lara category...no way GBP puts Canelo in with him. And honestly who the heck would want to see that anyways?

Comment

I hope he doesn't end up getting zapped- it would be a huge disappointment. It's fun to watch Alvarez fight, he's got a fan friendly style.

Comment

JCC jr is obviously the next idol of Mexico

Know your place Canelo

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
            I think that is the point of Saturday's fight. Mosley can pack a mean punch although his reflexes and agility aren't what they used to be.
            That's if Mosley actually tries, which is in serious question at this point. I have no reason to believe we'll see anything out of Mosley other than another "I'm here to pick up my paycheck" performance.

Comment

WAR Canelo

Comment

This circus clown hasn't fought anyone outside being pimped by a television network due to him being a red head Mexican. I think the WBC believes Canelo is the white skinned God Quetzalcoatl , and the majority of his fans adore him due to that fact.

Comment

Then he should stop fighting shot fighters and start beating some good boxers in their prime...

Comment

Canelo should not be fighting elite fighters right now he's way too young. If goldenboy throws him to the wolves too early it will ruin his career just like Fernando Vargas when he fought Trinidad when he was 21 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by liraj View Post
                      Canelo should not be fighting elite fighters right now he's way too young. If goldenboy throws him to the wolves too early it will ruin his career just like Fernando Vargas when he fought Trinidad when he was 21 years old.
                      The closest thing to a Trinidad beating would be if Canelo faced Martinez right now. What other wolf can do that to Canelo at this time? Molina or Lara would be a logical step for him to be a legitimate contender to his own title.

Comment

Working...
                      X