No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chad Dawson Calls Out Andre Ward; “S.O.G.” Responds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chad Dawson Calls Out Andre Ward; “S.O.G.” Responds

Moments after outpointing Bernard Hopkins by majority decision for the WBC and Ring ****zine light heavyweight titles, Chad Dawson immediately called out Andre Ward to fight him next.

“I would love to fight Andre Ward,” Dawson (31-1, 17 KOs) told HBO’s Max Kellerman. “Bad Chad” then shared he could "get down to 168" or make it at 175 pounds if necessary.
    [Click Here To Read More]

They should fight at 168 with both the 168 and 175 titles on the line.

Sugary Ray Leonard style.

Comment

this is a great fight! Both extremely skilled American fighters! I'd favor Dawson though.

Comment

great fight, i got ward winning

Comment

This would be similar to the fight tonight except Chad would be less effective and I see Ward winning a boring UD with very little action.

Comment

The only way this could have played out better is if Dawson had KO'd Hopkins. I wanted him to call out Ward and he did. Let's hope it happens next. And do it at light heavyweight. Ward won the Olympic gold at light heavy, which is a 178 limit in the amateurs. So fighting at 175 shouldn't be an issue. No need for Dawson to drain himself and have a built-in excuse should he lose.

BTW, I'm taking Ward via UD. I think he's too strong and physical for Dawson.

Comment

good fight both very skilled so ill favor ward at 168 and ill favor dawson at 175

Comment

I don't know if Dawson would be aggressive and busy enough to win. I wish he would though, he has the skill to win.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
                  The only way this could have played out better is if Dawson had KO'd Hopkins. I wanted him to call out Ward and he did. Let's hope it happens next. And do it at light heavyweight. Ward won the Olympic gold at light heavy, which is a 178 limit in the amateurs. So fighting at 175 shouldn't be an issue. No need for Dawson to drain himself and have a built-in excuse should he lose.

BTW, I'm taking Ward via UD. I think he's too strong and physical for Dawson.
                  was about to say the same thing. if the bute fight doesn't happen this should get made. i actually might want to see this fight more than bute depending on how he looks against froch.

Comment

From the very few 168 pound fights there has been on HBO, there doesn't seem to be THAT huge of a size discrepancy between super middleweights and light heavyweights.

Most light heavyweight unofficial weights tend to be around 185 pounds. Seems doable in a catchweight.
                    Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 04-29-2012, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X