Arum gets BURIED by Teddy Atlas on ESPN *VIDEO*

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bring It On View Post
    True, BUT...

It's irrelevant since Floyd won't budge on his ridiculous $40m offer.
    Like when Manny didn't budge on his ridiculous 28 day cutoff/de-juice period in 09..

Manny is too dumb....dirty...and broke..to buy out his own contract...

Bob has too much on him..

Comment

Teddy basically telling it like it is.

I have just about zero interest left in the Pacquiao-Mayweather debacle, and it's because of Bob Arum. I don't trust him about anything, much less about this.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
        Teddy basically telling it like it is.

I have just about zero interest left in the Pacquiao-Mayweather debacle, and it's because of Bob Arum. I don't trust him about anything, much less about this.
        If Bob felt his fighter could win ...he'd make the fight...

Comment

Originally posted by AlwaysOnTop View Post
          If Bob felt his fighter could win ...he'd make the fight...
          I'd have to agree with this, yes.

I see no reason in the world that he makes a fight happen in which his #1 cash-cow would be the under-dog and could lose everything. Even less likely given the fact that he wouldn't control, the entire money split.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Mercury View Post

Fires off shots at Pacquiao to.
            Teddy Atlas! Thank you for being honest!

Comment

Originally posted by Cgarcia View Post
              Just saying you don't need Atlas to know what's going on. All you need is your own brain.
              you are trolling

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                I loved it................

it's the truth

and i dont think it's at all a black eye on arum. as fans of this sport we should know better.

if these guys cant see that aspect of boxing there's nothing you can do for them

they box for money
                arum puts these fights on to make money and for no other reason

again:
                arum's soul motivation is money. he's got bills to pay. huge ones.
                he pays bills weekly that will make your head spin
                he pays bills in the millions to secure these venues / tv dates.
                he signs these fighters and pays them huge contracts often when they are generating no income. they develop under him for years, again, generating no money and costing arum money instead.
                only at the heart and end of their careers do many of them actually start to generate arum money.

you want to clean up boxing
                become a promotor
                "clean up boxing"
                and go bankrupt

your motivation is to please your fans? that's fine. i'll see you at the estate sale when you lose your house.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  it's the truth

and i dont think it's at all a black eye on arum. as fans of this sport we should know better.

if these guys cant see that aspect of boxing there's nothing you can do for them

they box for money
                  arum puts these fights on to make money and for no other reason

again:
                  arum's soul motivation is money. he's got bills to pay. huge ones.
                  he pays bills weekly that will make your head spin
                  he pays bills in the millions to secure these venues / tv dates.
                  he signs these fighters and pays them huge contracts often when they are generating no income. they develop under him for years, again, generating no money and costing arum money instead.
                  only at the heart and end of their careers do many of them actually start to generate arum money.

you want to clean up boxing
                  become a promotor
                  "clean up boxing"
                  and go bankrupt

your motivation is to please your fans? that's fine. i'll see you at the estate sale when you lose your house.
                  Excellent post.

The problem is there are not a lot of long term diehard boxing fans expressing opinions on this board. They romanticize the sports history after they read the old timers like Sugar and Merchant. They forget these guys are newspaper reporters who write articles so people will buy newspapers.

Great matchups that happened back in the day, and the rematches (sometimes 3 and 4 times) weren't so much about "challenge" as it was income. In the real world, respect and praise are great, but can't pay for your kids to get clothes, your mortgage, family vacations, college, etc.

Comment

Teddy is the man!! Anyone with half a brain can see Bob is a greedy prick!!! Plus everyone that saw Manny Vs JMM knows Manny lost and floyd will own him!!!

Comment

This fight is never going to get made cause of economics.

Both sides are going to continually come out with very dumb excuses why the fight aint happening.

If either guy takes a lost the luster of this fight will be gone. They will be money to be made buy not at value it is at right now.

If there were a crop of HW's in the spot light making the big purses this fight would had been done somewhere down the line.

Comment

Working...
                      X