No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Tim Bradley Sparring Tough For Manny Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
    Bradley is still very agressive though, and I worry he'll get over agressive and possibly get Hatton'd. He got over agressive with Witter and got dropped, though he got up and recovered to win the fight.

I hope he picks and chooses his shots, and avoids trading a bunch with Pacquiao, because that's not good for him if he starts to do that. Be agressive at times, and tie Manny up when he starts to get close.

I still expect Pac to win, though I'll be rooting all day and all night for Tim. And Tim's got the stache back I saw.
    I don't remember Tim getting dropped against Witter, I know he dropped Witter though, Peterson, Abregu (although they called it a slip) and Casamayor.

I am not saying it will be an easy fight nor am I trying to take anything away from Pac, I think that his team picked Bradley for certain reasons but those reasons might come back to bite them. I'm expecting a very competitive fight from both guys and I'm definitely pulling for Timmy B.

Comment

Bradley got this fight wrapped up. TKO Pac within 4 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        No, actually about 95% of the hundreds of posts I've made hyping my boy up deals with his ability to control fights and force other fighters to give up their game plans.
        That might work against people like Alexander and Abregu, but Bradley's going to have a tough time making it work against a guy like Pacquiao.

How impressive it is that Bradley dominates nearly every fight while being the weaker puncher and the fact that this takes away 1 of the 2 advantages that Pac has over Tim, power.
        Yeah, it's impressive. How's he going to dominate Pacquiao? Pacquiao even when he's being tactically outmatched is very likely to remain more active. Plus, there will be a fine line between Bradley forcing Pacquiao out of his comfort zone, or getting too involved and getting caught with fast, hard shots.

Pac is faster true but mainly effective against a guy that is primary flatfooted and stationary. Pac is a shorter guy with a short reach...plain physics and intuition would tell the insightful man that Pac would be most effective within a small radius. If you remove yourself from this radius, Pac must move as well in order to reach you, either by shuffling towards you or by leaping in at you. Bradley is a very good counter puncher and his movement and footwork are excellent. Bradley will move around and make Pac follow him....right into counter shots.
        Of course, we both realize that regardless of how impressive Bradley's performance is, he's just not going to win the fight by countering. As solid as Bradley's counterpunching is, he's not the technical master that Marquez is and Marquez didn't get the decision even after counterpunching his ass off.

Bradley is a better inside fighter who understands how to tie up on the inside which Pac seems to struggle with at times.

Add in the fact that as you alluded to, Bradley is in tremendous shape, he won't fatigue like most of Pac's opponents have. He won't allow to take rounds of like he is accustomed to doing.
        These two are probably right, but I think if there's any chance of Bradley becoming fatigued in a fight it'll be against an opponent as explosive as Pacquiao. Let's face it: as good as Bradley is at forcing his opponents to become uncomfortable, his biggest challenge to date is getting that to work against Pacquiao.

I could keep on going into reasons why I feel that Bradley can and will win as I could come up with reasons why I think Pac could win. I think that the turmoil, undercover lies, strained promotional relationship, and underestimation of opponent are all going to ,align the stars, so to speak for Bradley.

Pac's team appears to subscribe to this general idea that Bradley is a weak punching, no name, dime a dozen pretender who is going to get swallowed up by the spotlight and give Pac some sparring rounds before the KO comes. Like this fight will erase the rumors that Pac will struggle against a slick, black African-American boxer.

Bradley is probably one of the most hated on, underrated boxers I can think of. That guys is not who Pac and his camp think he is....not at all.
        Bradley is a tough competitor. One thing we both agree on is that Pacquiao cannot, I repeat cannot overlook Bradley. If he does, he may still get a gift decision but he could be exposed. I think the best way to summarize Bradley is the way Roach put it: "he doesn't know how to lose". I hope that Pacquiao's camp at least realize that he's not just a forward-plodding Provodnikov, although to his credit Provodnikov may be doing his best to imitate Bradley's style in their sparring matches.

I'm not sure that Pacquiao is overlooking him, though. After all, he apparently insisted to Roach that they need a strategy in case Bradley tries to counterpunch like Marquez did and win the fight that way. I think he knows he's not as one-dimensional as Hatton.

One last thing: is it not possible that at least some of the perceived turmoil is mind games? It may be too clever for Pacquiao's camp to have actually come up with, but consider the Ariza leaving thing. What if they did that because they a) know Pacquiao can follow Ariza's instructions when he's away, b) know that it may feed the idea that Pacquiao is in for an upset. If this was their thinking, Bradley has already appeared to fall for it. He has said that he thinks Ariza left because Pacquiao wasn't willing to follow his suggestions.

We'll see what happens in June. I don't think Bradley has what it takes to beat Pacquiao, personally, but I think he's dangerous enough that Pacquiao needs to take him very seriously. I'm just saying 100% Pacquiao vs 100% Bradley, Manny wins.
        Last edited by samouraď; 04-28-2012, 12:26 PM.

Comment

fight will end when Bradley headbutts Manny and reopens that cut from the Jmm fight

Comment

Maybe team Pac chose Bradley exactly because he is dangerous and not because the are underestimating him.

Lets face it Pac needs someone that will make him dig deep and slug it out,he has looked borderline bored in most of his resent fights.

With Marquez its a chess match and wont bring the beast out,but bradley will.
            Pac needs that fire to shine

Its also a much better tune up fight preparing for Floyd then cotto is for floyd to prepare for pac.

If there is one thing that scares floyd more about Pac the enything else, its pac lack of fear of loosing.
            Last edited by 110110110; 04-28-2012, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
              You putting points on Bradley? Put up or shut up, im telling you now, even Joel Cassamayor lumped bradley's face up what do you think the fastest fighter in boxing is going to do? You are in for a rude awakening my friend..

whos bradley fighting? I thought it was pacquiao. did they change it?

but whateva dont worry. bradley will probly win 9-10 rounds and get robbed so your boy will still have his "victory"

Comment

Have to work that body, Tim. Have to.

Comment

Originally posted by 110110110 View Post
                  Maybe team Pac chose Bradley exactly because he is dangerous and not because the are underestimating him.

Lets face it Pac needs someone that will make him dig deep and slug it out,he has looked borderline bored in most of his resent fights.

With Marquez its a chess match and wont bring the beast out,but bradley will.
                  Pac needs that fire to shine

Its also a much better tune up fight preparing for Floyd then cotto is for floyd to prepare for pac.

If there is one thing that scares floyd more about Pac the enything else, its pac lack of fear of loosing.

that is actually a damn good point you make there i must say. unfortunately though, having a "Im not scared to lose" atitude still wont make pac a skilled boxer that can bang with floyd, but that is still a good point and you cant really argue that...

Comment

Would Floyd fight Bradley IF he gets passed Cotto which I don't see happening??

Comment

Originally posted by NormC View Post
                      Would Floyd fight Bradley IF he gets passed Cotto which I don't see happening??
                      lmao. I love kids

Comment

Working...
                      X