No announcement yet.

What split did Oscar give Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What split did Oscar give Floyd?

I always wondered this because Floyd made 25 mil for the fight, and that fight broke all kinds of records. So i guess what im wondering, is.....if lets say Oscar gave something like 65-35, then how could Floyd be making 50+ mil a fight like he claims. Even if its reversed, with Floyd having the lions share....without all those crazy PPV buys, and sponsors, hes looking around 20 mil from the PPV's (and fighters do NOT keep all of the PPV money).......i dont think that Floyd keeps ALL the PPV every fight. I could be wrong, but can someone enlighten me?

Originally posted by S IP U IR S xII View Post
    Your a fan boy. Im a fan. No point in debating.

...........:

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
      ...........:
      Yup, fk sometimes coming on this board I feel highly intelligent.

Comment

Good question, I have no clue, but could be interesting to find out.

Comment

Floyd pockets more of the revenue than a traditional fighter who pays a lot in fees to promoters, managers, etc etc. So, he made less against Oscar, but because of that fight, he became the "Oscar" of the sport so to speak. Floyd said he met Oscar's demands, so I'm sure he probably only got something like 70-30 or something. There's also the possibility that he puts some of his own money up front to cover some of the costs, and therefore reaps more rewards. I'm not entirely sure what his method is, but it seems to work according to what he's supposedly worth. He probably has a close knit group of people that he deals with in business matters and involves only the absolutely necessary parties. For all we know, 50 is fronting him money in addition to his own and 50 being the homie, only requires his share back with a very small percentage in profit (all speculation, of course and probably doesnt happen, but I'm saying he could have business partners with like minds) Floyd is practically a sure thing to make money..so it's probably safe to say he's a safe investment.

Comment

The gatti fight is what set him up for future big numbers. His buyout with Arum was only 500k, which is either a lot or a little depending on what youre making per fight. Prior to him getting on PPV when youre making a million or less a fight and he signed that contract with arum, 500k was a steep amount and seemed to be enough to keep him tied to Arum. Then he has the Gatti fight and now Arum is offering him 8 million for Margo to try to keep him but he can give Arum 500k and be free to fight DLH for 20+ million and then Hatton for 20+ million.

I think we see why Pac has no buyout term period, probably nobody with Arum does anymore. What seems like a high amount at first will be easier to buyout if they become a superstar while hes under them. If he gave Manny a 500k buyout option before the Barrera fight, by now Pac may have already bought out after the first or second morales win and Arum wouldnt be able to take 28% every fight, DLH could have signed him for their fight. Future fights with DLH, Mosley, Mayweather and Hatton all without Arum taking his slice, thats why he dont do buyout options in the contracts anymore.
            Last edited by elfag; 04-28-2012, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
              Floyd pockets more of the revenue than a traditional fighter who pays a lot in fees to promoters, managers, etc etc. So, he made less against Oscar, but because of that fight, he became the "Oscar" of the sport so to speak. Floyd said he met Oscar's demands, so I'm sure he probably only got something like 70-30 or something. There's also the possibility that he puts some of his own money up front to cover some of the costs, and therefore reaps more rewards. I'm not entirely sure what his method is, but it seems to work according to what he's supposedly worth. He probably has a close knit group of people that he deals with in business matters and involves only the absolutely necessary parties. For all we know, 50 is fronting him money in addition to his own and 50 being the homie, only requires his share back with a very small percentage in profit (all speculation, of course and probably doesnt happen, but I'm saying he could have business partners with like minds) Floyd is practically a sure thing to make money..so it's probably safe to say he's a safe investment.
              nobody really knws what hes worth. he was defintly having money probems with irs and everything. hbo keeps most of the pay per view.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                The gatti fight is what set him up for future big numbers. His buyout with Arum was only 500k, which is either a lot or a little depending on what youre making per fight. Prior to him getting on PPV when youre making a million or less a fight and he signed that contract with arum, 500k was a steep amount and seemed to be enough to keep him tied to Arum. Then he has the Gatti fight and now Arum is offering him 8 million for Margo to try to keep him but he can give Arum 500k and be free to fight DLH for 20+ million and then Hatton for 20+ million.

I think we see why Pac has no buyout term period, probably nobody with Arum does anymore. What seems like a high amount at first will be easier to buyout if they become a superstar while hes under them. If he gave Manny a 500k buyout option before the Barrera fight, by now Pac may have already bought out after the first or second morales win and Arum wouldnt be able to take 28% every fight, DLH could have signed him for their fight. Future fights with DLH, Mosley, Mayweather and Hatton all without Arum taking his slice, thats why he dont do buyout options in the contracts anymore.
                true. i wonder why he even gave the option in the first place?

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post

Yep, I'm not sure why fighters don't have a buyout clause with Arum. The guy is a snake, you never know what he is going to do.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                    ...........:
                    did i miss the punch line?

Comment

Working...
                    X