No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Dmitry Pirog, Nobuhiro Ishida Go Face To Face

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Glass Jaw
    ishida is around 6'1, u think just cuz hes jap hes short? racist scumbag.
    Do you know how Japanese feel about being called that? You're the last one to talk about racist.

I think P.Will is 6'1" not 6'3" so it looks like Pirog might be around 5'11"-ish. Boxrec is screwy sometimes, at first they had Donaire at 5'7" I believe, which is what I really think he is, then they switched him to 5'5".

Oh btw, Sturm came beat up to his last fight and look how he performed.

Comment

I don't understand why referring to a Japanese person as Jap is racist? It's not a derogatory term, it's just an abbreviation. People aren't offended if you call a Vietnamese person Viet, or an Australian person Aussie.

I don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
        Do you know how Japanese feel about being called that? You're the last one to talk about racist.

I think P.Will is 6'1" not 6'3" so it looks like Pirog might be around 5'11"-ish. Boxrec is screwy sometimes, at first they had Donaire at 5'7" I believe, which is what I really think he is, then they switched him to 5'5".

Oh btw, Sturm came beat up to his last fight and look how he performed.
        No way Williams is only 6'1". Pavlik is supposed to be 6'2" and Williams was taller than him when they had a face to face in their press conference.

EDIT:
        Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 04-28-2012, 08:13 AM.

Comment

For the people complaining remember this is just a tune up fight. Pirog is looking to unify with Geale in August in the US.

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
          No way Williams is only 6'1". Pavlik is supposed to be 6'2" and Williams was taller him when they had a face to face in their press conference.

EDIT:
          I was jus going to post this. Pavlik is a legit 6'2 and Williams is around 6'3

Jacobs and Pirog are both listed at 6'1

Comment

They're not even close to the same height.
            Last edited by rlee2010; 04-28-2012, 03:33 AM.

Comment

man..I had almost forgot what Pirog looked like. Been a while.

Needs to pick up the activity.

Comment

Even though Ishida lost a shutout, he was teak tough in the Williams fight. His last fight only showed how good Williams volume punching was.

I suppose Pirog won't knock Ishida out, but I trust in his abilities and skills. Being smaller for the first time, will be a new experience for the master of the Sweet Science.

Comment

Originally posted by Khmelnytsky View Post
                  For the people complaining remember this is just a tune up fight. Pirog is looking to unify with Geale in August in the US.

I was jus going to post this. Pavlik is a legit 6'2 and Williams is around 6'3

Jacobs and Pirog are both listed at 6'1

I have been a Pirog supporter since seeing him KO Jacob, but that was two years ago and ALL of his fights since then have been tune-up level fights. He hasn't fought anybody in he top 20 (I know, one was a crappy mandatory). Getting tired of excuses that nobody will fight him. If he doesn't get Geale or somebody decent next, I have to question his management. Same goes for Golovkin. At this point I would settle for a decent contender type, like Macklin or Murray or Barker or Rubio.

Comment

Originally posted by DublEdgeBanger View Post
                    I don't understand why referring to a Japanese person as Jap is racist? It's not a derogatory term, it's just an abbreviation. People aren't offended if you call a Vietnamese person Viet, or an Australian person Aussie.

I don't get it.
                    Maybe your too young to know about ww2,or i should say, you don't study history.
                    Last edited by ippo; 04-28-2012, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Gonna be the battle of two hype jobs. Which bum looks worse?

Comment

Working...
                      X