Collapse
No announcement yet.

The OFFICIAL Hopkins vs Dawson II Prediction/RBR Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As much as I love BHop, I'm kind of scared for him in this fight.

Comment

Dawson, right now has the athletic advantage, youth on his side, speed and maybe reflexes. And I expect him to win the first couple of rounds without landing much, rather just with sheer activity.

All that being said, I got Hopkins by TKO. Yup, ya heard me. I think a UD for him is more likely, but I have a feeling, that Hopkins late in the fight is going to break Dawson down mentally, to the point where Chad just stops throwing Hopkins will be in his rhythm, and during one of Chad's "mental lulls" Hopkins pops him with a nasty, well timed right hand that sends Dawson staggering back, Hopkins starts to poke at him with jabs and right hands, jumps inside, Dawson covers up due to his lack of inside game he freezes and Hopkins roughs him up for the TKO, best believe it.

Dawson is athletically gifted and has youth on his side but something everyone ALWAYS forgets about Hopkins is his actual skill level, his mental toughness and focus, he knows how and when to take breaks, he knows how to slow a fighter down, and most of all he'll know what to do with Chad when he enters one of his mental lapses.

Dawson isn't experienced enough mentally to know how and when to take breaks, and it's cost him in alot of his fights (Adamek, Pascal, Johnson I, Diaconu) only this time, he won't be able to handle the repercussions, I mean people go look at their first fight, and you can ALREADY see Dawson getting impatient and frustrated in the first two rounds!! Scully even acknowledged it!

What in the hell do y'all think will happen in the 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th etc rounds? Once AGAIN! Hopkins is overlooked. People have bad memories. They had the very basic and limited MW Pavlik a 4-1 favorite!...4-1?! Hopkins brings it home once AGAIN tonight for the Philly & East Coast heads! B-HOP B-HOP B-HOP B-HOP!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fish_Scotland View Post
        Had to go the NC. B-Hop won't go out on his shield he'll act like a b*tch again.
        i've been on hops side till he over did the pissing and moaning when he faked the shoulder injury last time.
        and now him and his fan club gets all riled up and use his legacy type of sht
        to bash anyone who critisizes him for his acadamy awards nomination
        for being such a dck head in last fight!
        hop you did your legacy no good from last performance. and if you wimp out again you will see more people laugh at you and say good ridence.

Comment

Originally posted by komodo View Post
          It's pretty silly to think that the first fight with Dawson gives any sort of an indication as to how this fight will turn out. Pascal was also dominate early on against B-Hop and see how that turned out.
          This, Hopkins is a notorious slow starter. His strength is his ability to adjust down the stretch.

Comment

Dawson by wide UD or stoppage.

Hopkins deserves to get an ass-whippin' after that B.S. he pulled in that last fight.

Comment

Originally posted by turkas View Post
              This, Hopkins is a notorious slow starter. His strength is his ability to adjust down the stretch.
              In all honesty, I would not be surprised to see him get blasted out inside the first half of the fight. Dawson is out for blood.

Comment

Originally posted by turkas View Post
                And he actually landed more punches than Dawson, people forget about that.

Comment

Dam, i just missed voting in the poll by 16 1/2 hours...lol. I got Dawson by UD.

Comment

Originally posted by komodo View Post
                    It's pretty silly to think that the first fight with Dawson gives any sort of an indication as to how this fight will turn out. Pascal was also dominate early on against B-Hop and see how that turned out.
                    actually it does. hopkins landed 5-6 good right hands that everyone chose not to see. there all over the previews on hbo. dawson lost what little fight there was. i just hope dawson doesn't panic and foul out again.

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
                      actually it does. hopkins landed 5-6 good right hands that everyone chose not to see. there all over the previews on hbo. dawson lost what little fight there was. i just hope dawson doesn't panic and foul out again.
                      Oh I seen that 5hit but if it helps Chad get some sleep at night by thinking he was walking Hopkins down and B-hop didn't want to fight then good luck to him.

Comment

Working...
                      X