No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: Bradley Never Faced Foe With Pacquiao's Power

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Phantomas View Post
    You give him an eight, for me it“s just a 6 or 7 because what the heavy punchers do with one punch, Pac needs 3 or more punches to accomplish. Hatton isn“t the rule but the exception.
    Yeah, but how many times do those guys land their big KO shot? Obviously not as often as Pac lands his three hard fast shots. I mean compare Holt's KO percentage (vs lesser opponents as well) to Pac's and Manny has the advantage. Manny's stoppage ability is impressive whether it comes from one punch or not.

It's pretty amazing how far people are willing to go after Manny had a bad fight against the one guy who has always given him a big challenge. Now suddenly he can't win a fight in which he has the speed advantage, the power advantage by far, [probably] the chin and stamina advantage, and possibly even the skill/experience advantage? Bradley's crafty as hell but if he can't impose his will or intimidate Pacquiao I don't see how he could win.

It boils down to this: Manny can win by stopping Bradley or winning the decision. Bradley could only possibly win the decision, and that would be an enormous challenge considering Manny is almost going to be more active than his opponent, and Bradley ain't no technical counterpuncher.

Comment

• Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
      Yeah, but how many times do those guys land their big KO shot? Obviously not as often as Pac lands his three hard fast shots. I mean compare Holt's KO percentage (vs lesser opponents as well) to Pac's and Manny has the advantage. Manny's stoppage ability is impressive whether it comes from one punch or not.

It's pretty amazing how far people are willing to go after Manny had a bad fight against the one guy who has always given him a big challenge. Now suddenly he can't win a fight in which he has the speed advantage, the power advantage by far, [probably] the chin and stamina advantage, and probably even the skill/experience advantage? Bradley's crafty as hell but if he can't impose his will or intimidate Pacquiao I don't see how he could win.

It boils down to this: Manny can win by stopping Bradley or winning the decision. Bradley could only possibly win the decision, and that would be an enormous challenge considering Manny is almost going to be more active than his opponent, and Bradley ain't no technical counterpuncher.
      Holt didn't have Bob Arum greasing the media and feeding him shot fighters.

Holt would send a shot Hatton and the ghost of De la Hoya to the morgue..

Comment

• Dude, Hatton is 33 now.

Comment

• Originally posted by streetwaves View Post

It's pretty amazing how far people are willing to go after Manny had a bad fight against the one guy who has always given him a big challenge. Now suddenly he can't win a fight in which he has the speed advantage, the power advantage by far, [probably] the chin and stamina advantage, and possibly even the skill/experience advantage? Bradley's crafty as hell but if he can't impose his will or intimidate Pacquiao I don't see how he could win.

Bradley adapts...Pac doesn't adapt so much. Pac switches up the spots of his punches but Bradley switches up his entire fight plan....Pac is going to be confused in this fight and Roach won't have any answers for him.

Comment

• Get the f out with all this Pac hits harder than these other guys. You telling me that if Pac hit Holt in the face with a straight left and then if Holt hit Pac flush in the face with his strongest left hook that Pac is going to blast Holt out and Holt will just make Pac laugh?

Please, Pac is getting laid out flat and Holt is getting stunned. Regardless of the greatness he has accomplished, wishful thinking ain't beating physics. Ya'll need to ask yourselves why catchweights are needed then in so many Pac fights, why he fought for a 154 title at a lesser weight.

You tie Pac up counter him, and move off to the side, the dude has problems...if this fight becomes an inside fight, no way Pac is winning this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oh you out son View Post
              I hate when people say this guy ended this guys career. Cause most of the time when people say it it's not true at all. Clottey took little to no punishment in the fight against Pacquiao (he wouldn't move his hands from middle of his face, his body took a beating but hes really strong and in amazing shape, just look at the dude hes a rock).

Most people see the Clottey fight in one of 2 ways.

1) Clottey kept his guard up the whole fight because he couldn't handles pacquiao's speed and power. (Note, when he did come out of his peekaboo D he hit usually Hit pac flush and the shots would kinda stop pac for a second, not really hurt him but affect him)

2) Clottey was paid an extra large amount of money (maybe a few mil) to just lose and show up.

Without proof or anything I will go with the first one but something didn't seem right about how he wouldn't fight pac at all

Clottey didn't like what was being returned. Meaning, he didn't like getting hit by Manny and thought turtling up for the rest of the fight was how he was going to be able to stay standing after 12 rounds.

Mosley did it another way. After Mosley was hit and knocked down, Mosley ran from Manny more than I have ever seen Mosley run given his age! lol!

Oscar couldn't handle it and his corner knew it and called it a day.

Cotto tried at first but then realized it was just too much and began moving more and boxing just to try to make it to the 12th round.

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                Clottey didn't like what was being returned. Meaning, he didn't like getting hit by Manny and thought turtling up for the rest of the fight was how he was going to be able to stay standing after 12 rounds.

Mosley did it another way. After Mosley was hit and knocked down, Mosley ran from Manny more than I have ever seen Mosley run given his age! lol!

Oscar couldn't handle it and his corner knew it and called it a day.

Cotto tried at first but then realized it was just too much and began moving more and boxing just to try to make it to the 12th round.
                Clottey style is to cover up and hit what ever is in front of him after his opponent finishes their combinations..But if ya fire off then move there is nothing for Clottey to hit,and his style becomes useless..Everyone knew Clottey would lose based on style..Stop it...

Mosley and Hoya were done,Stop it!!!!!!

Cotto only knows one way to fight and that's coming forward,unless he is up on the cards and trying to survive..Out of all the fights mention,Cotto was Pac's best win,that speaks in volumes imo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                  Clottey style is to cover up and hit what ever is in front of him after his opponent finishes their combinations..But if ya fire off then move there is nothing for Clottey to hit,and his style becomes useless..Everyone knew Clottey would lose based on style..Stop it...

Mosley and Hoya were done,Stop it!!!!!!

Cotto only knows one way to fight and that's coming forward,unless he is up on the cards and trying to survive..Out of all the fights mention,Cotto was Pac's best win,that speaks in volumes imo...
                  Everyone didn't know that Clottey would lose badly against Manny. Actually, many thought it was going to be a tough fight against a true full WW. Yes, I agree that he tends to cover up but he still could have done more if he was willing to take the risk .....

but

I'm just going to presume that you just didn't get my point.

The other guy is making the assumption, with ZERO PROOF he still found it fishy and, that Clottey was probably bought out or some other fishy thing happened. I presented him with 4 who fought Manny and all headed for the hills once they realized that Manny is for real.

If Manny wasn't for real, some of those guys would have beat him or at least make it close .... instead they were all looking for a place to hide ... and all those I mentioned couldn't have been bought out ..... that was my point!
                  Last edited by ADP02; 04-28-2012, 12:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
                    Get the f out with all this Pac hits harder than these other guys. You telling me that if Pac hit Holt in the face with a straight left and then if Holt hit Pac flush in the face with his strongest left hook that Pac is going to blast Holt out and Holt will just make Pac laugh?
                    Dude, in a comparison of punching power you don't even consider chin?

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
                      Get the f out with all this Pac hits harder than these other guys. You telling me that if Pac hit Holt in the face with a straight left and then if Holt hit Pac flush in the face with his strongest left hook that Pac is going to blast Holt out and Holt will just make Pac laugh?

Please, Pac is getting laid out flat and Holt is getting stunned
                      . Regardless of the greatness he has accomplished, wishful thinking ain't beating physics. Ya'll need to ask yourselves why catchweights are needed then in so many Pac fights, why he fought for a 154 title at a lesser weight.

You tie Pac up counter him, and move off to the side, the dude has problems...if this fight becomes an inside fight, no way Pac is winning this.
                      I love this guys posts!! learn from this man! oh wait, he speaks logically, so no wonder it doesnt hit him to so many. this is after all boxingscene.com

kendall holt is one of the most understimated punchers in the game I think. i seen him fight a few times and you could hear the thuds in the back of the room. always liked kendall...

but anyway, you said if it ends up an inside fight, no way pac is winning, but you are incorrect. unless pac gets KOd, he already has the win in the bag. the only one that can beat pac on scorecoards is mayweather

Comment

Working...
                      X