No announcement yet.

Cotto a tougher opponent for Floyd...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
    just look at the cotto Mayorga fight then look at the oscar mayorga fight..im done..................floyd tko 10
    Mayorga was losing by a point in my cards when Mosley knocked him down, which is pretty good. Aside from his first fight (a guy I don't know who he is), Cotto is the only non-one-punch-ko guy to get a TKO over him.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
      That's all I was saying. He's past his prime-still good. He can still fight, but he's never been prime since the 1st Margarito cheating. He just never has looked like he did from 2003/2004-2007/2008. I really do believe that Floyd wanted to fight Cotto in 2005-2007, oh well. When they were both JWW and Bob saw what Floyd did to Gatti, I really don't think he wanted to put Miguel in there with him. Floyd would have f**ked him up just as bad back then as he's about to. And when Floyd split from Top Rank, the Cotto fight was a pipe dream.

At least it's happening now with Cotto at 154, past his prime-still good. Floyd is about the same amount of time removed from his prime as Miguel. Floyd's just better, always has been and always will be.

Fixed the bold for you brother!

Floyd ducked Miguel back then, and he also ducked Margarito. Only Cotto had the balz to fight Margo, who had to CHEAT to beat Cotto.

Floyd has ducked a handfull of very dangerous fighters when they were on their prime. Period.

Shane was well passed, inactive and gun shy, the "legal" KO on Ortiz was a joke which he didnt had to to since he was on his way to schooling him but we will never know if he had what it took to finish him up ("clearly").

Floyd is one BADASS boxer and belive me that I do like him, but I just happen to like Cotto more. FMJr. has incredible defense, sick speed and just seems to predict each and every movement from his opponents but the truth is that he has has "avoided" fighters like Miguel Cotto, and others.

Yo voy al mio! War Cotto!

Comment

• Originally posted by Casual_Fan View Post
        Mayorga was losing by a point in my cards when Mosley knocked him down, which is pretty good. Aside from his first fight (a guy I don't know who he is), Cotto is the only non-one-punch-ko guy to get a TKO over him.
        You are pretty much correct BUT, if you watch the "KDown" it was pretty much a ONE SHOT stop.

He (Mayorga) just had to play the thumb "drama" and then 15 seconds after that straight up quit terrorized at Cotto's power!

War Miguel!

Comment

• I voted for a 2012 Cotto mainly due to his win over Margs. His fighting mentality is probably the most confident that its ever been. With Diaz in his corner, it helps Cotto's chances for sure.

07 DLH was quicker and all, but he was also a part-time fighter at the time. Not as "active" as Miguel is before the fight itself.

Comment

• Oscar was not better... He was taller and had faster hand speed than Cotto but he certainly is not a smarter fighter. Oscar was a Mexican fighter with a bit of PR technique (Not saying he is PR just trying to make a point.) While Cotto is a PR Technique driven fighter with a bit of Mexican agression/heart. Technique and brains are/will be more of a problem for Floyd. What I'm saying is that Oscar could do that, but not nearly as well as Cotto Oscar wanted to fight and by his own admission admitted he doesn't like "boxers" he likes to stand and trade.

Well... Cotto really only likes to stand and trade if he is in with a boxer or at least feels his punches have more of an affect than they have on him. Cotto's style is made for him to be the aggressor but still be in a "boxing" mode if you will. The classic boxer/puncher, Oscar was the opposite plain and simple.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
              Oscar was not better... He was taller and had faster hand speed than Cotto but he certainly is not a smarter fighter. Oscar was a Mexican fighter with a bit of PR technique (Not saying he is PR just trying to make a point.) While Cotto is a PR Technique driven fighter with a bit of Mexican agression/heart. Technique and brains are/will be more of a problem for Floyd. What I'm saying is that Oscar could do that, but not nearly as well as Cotto Oscar wanted to fight and by his own admission admitted he doesn't like "boxers" he likes to stand and trade.

Well... Cotto really only likes to stand and trade if he is in with a boxer or at least feels his punches have more of an affect than they have on him. Cotto's style is made for him to be the aggressor but still be in a "boxing" mode if you will. The classic boxer/puncher, Oscar was the opposite plain and simple.

Comment

• I judge fighters by performances and Cotto's performances since the first Margarito fight haven't been that great. I mean he gets the job done but he is not the same. In the other hand Mayweather is the same and I find him a little more aggressive lately. DelaHoya stood his ground with Mayweather, I don't know that Cotto can do that at this point of his career. I am a Cotto fan and hope he can pull it off but the realist in me says it will be an uphill battle

Comment

• Oscar put up a much better fight than Cotto will
                  Oscar at least won a couple rds
                  Cotto isn't even gonna do that
                  Oscar was past it but he came to win
                  Cotto's just grabbing a nice payday to retire on
                  Floyd had to respect Oscar, he doesn't have to respect Cotto

Comment

• I hope this brings DLH out of retirement to fight Cotto lol jk

Comment

• Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
                      Oscar put up a much better fight than Cotto will
                      Oscar at least won a couple rds
                      Cotto isn't even gonna do that
                      Oscar was past it but he came to win
                      Cotto's just grabbing a nice payday to retire on
                      Floyd had to respect Oscar, he doesn't have to respect Cotto
                      I agree on all points.

Comment

Working...
                      X