No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC Explain Vanes vs Lara Ruling For Canelo Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFO View Post
    Golden Boy was already hyping a Canelo-Angulo bout in Mexico after Angulo won his"eliminator" against Kirkland. When Kirk won all of a sudden he's not really the mandatory and they moved in another direction. Vanes won his "WBC Silver title" that was supposedly his mandatory status. Canelo isn't wrong but ever since he won his "WBC Silver title" to claim his mandatory spot, he's faced: Baldomir, Ndou, won a vacant super duper WBC title against Hatton, Rhodes, Gomez, Cintron. There's not much comp in that list other than a few has beens, never beens and never will be's. Why is it that every other talented fighter ranked by the WBC has to fight the competitive fights before they get their shot at Canelo? Maybe because he's in line to face Floyd?
    The ref announced right before the Angulo/Kirkland fight that it was a semi final eliminator. Unless Golden Boy can predict the future, and knew Kirkland was going to win, I don't know how that would be possible.

Canelo did the samething that Vanes is doing, so I don't really know why you're bring that up. Also I've said this time and time again he does not have to face any of the top ten JMW of his division or his mandatory until after June 18.

He's not next to face Floyd if that's what you're getting at, I don't know where this came from. Team Canelo are the only ones that have been yapping about it and it's probably not going to happen, at least not now. People keep forgetting Floyd is going to jail for at the most three months. Canelo is a very active guy, and he sure as hell aint waiting until November or December to face Floyd. It's too long of a lay off.

Comment

Originally posted by AvoidDisaster View Post
      The ref announced right before the Angulo/Kirkland fight that it was a semi final eliminator. Unless Golden Boy can predict the future, and knew Kirkland was going to win, I don't know how that would be possible.

Canelo did the samething that Vanes is doing, so I don't really know why you're bring that up. Also I've said this time and time again he does not have to face any of the top ten JMW of his division or his mandatory until after June 18.

He's not next to face Floyd if that's what you're getting at, I don't know where this came from. Team Canelo are the only ones that have been yapping about it and it's probably not going to happen, at least not now. People keep forgetting Floyd is going to jail for at the most three months. Canelo is a very active guy, and he sure as hell aint waiting until November or December to face Floyd. It's too long of a lay off.
      Semi is the step right before final. To have 2 semi eliminators is completely crap that doesn't happen in any other division or any other fighter.

Why are they about to strip Ward for not facing Anthony? All Anthony had to do is fight ONE eliminator to force his shot at Ward. Why didn't Anthony have to fight 2 semi eliminators before going into the final eliminator just to get a shot at Ward? Oh that's right Ward ain't Mexican and Anthony adviser is Haymon who has a good relationship with Golden Boy who the WBC bends over for.

What did Canelo do that Lara is doing right now? Elaborate more on that please.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
        What did Canelo do that Lara is doing right now? Elaborate more on that please.
        Oh you're one of those guys that say WBC gives titles only to mexicans. I get it. Well answer me this this if the WBC strip Ward what mexican are they going to give the title to? And if you don't have an answer, why did you mention it in the first place dude?

I'm guessing you mean Vanes? Canelo defended the Silver title twice, Vanes only once. Vanes beats Lara and gets Canelo. And no, winning the Silver title doesn't doesn't automatically get you a title shot, you have to defend it first, if not then whats the point of having one?

Comment

Oh you're one of those guys that say WBC gives titles only to mexicans. I get it. Well answer me this this if the WBC strip Ward what mexican are they going to give the title to? And if you don't have an answer, why did you mention it in the first place dude?

I'm guessing you mean Vanes? Canelo defended the Silver title twice, Vanes only once. Vanes beats Lara and gets Canelo. And no, winning the Silver title doesn't doesn't automatically get you a title shot, you have to defend it first, if not then whats the point of having one?
          Canelo still didn't do anything to earn the belt. Christ, he won it from a welterweight.....

Comment

Actually answered that in my post. Did you not read? Lol @ one of those like if it's not so obvious. But, I already said why Anthony would just need 1 eliminator to get his shot. Connections, go back and ready. Funny I already answered yours but you couldn't answer mine. But, that's to be expected.

Of course he defended twice. He wasn't going to fight Martinez for the regular at the time. And, he wasn't going to fight Pac either for the title. Waited till it became vacated to fight the great Matthew Hatton

It's not the same thing. Vanes has put in his work according to the WBC and wants his shot. Canelo at that time didn't want his shot yet.

Comment

Semi is the step right before final. To have 2 semi eliminators is completely crap that doesn't happen in any other division or any other fighter.
              That is right, but the final is actually the final of the eliminator not the title fight (the champion isnīt an eliminator player).

Comment

Not happening. Vanes ducked Angulo, that is not an opinion, it is a fact. I doubt he will allow himself to be in the same city as Lara. Lara would wipe that 0 off his record with a beat down of Vanes.

Comment

At the end of the day Vanes is the silver champ. In other words he already is the mandatory for the title. That title is basically the #1 contender ala the interim title from other sanctioning bodies.
                  The WBC has an interim belt. It's called the WBC interim belt. Zbik had it for a while. I'm not sure if the silver belt gives you automatic mandatory status.

Comment

Why are they about to strip Ward for not facing Anthony? All Anthony had to do is fight ONE eliminator to force his shot at Ward. Why didn't Anthony have to fight 2 semi eliminators before going into the final eliminator just to get a shot at Ward? Oh that's right Ward ain't Mexican and Anthony adviser is Haymon who has a good relationship with Golden Boy who the WBC bends over for.
                    Why is Ward about to get stripped? Uhh because Ward doesn't want to face mandatory... maybe that's why? I mean damn if Canelo didn't want to face his mandatory he would get stripped as well. Also I'm pretty sure Canelo faced his mandatory right after he won it, Ward hasn't. Rhodes did the samething as Dirrell. Rhodes fought one eliminator and got a title shot. And I'm also pretty sure Rhodes isn't with Haymon or Golden Boy.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantomas View Post
                      That is right, but the final is actually the final of the eliminator not the title fight (the champion isnīt an eliminator player).
                      No ****, is semi, than final, then the champ. Not semi, then semi, then final, then champ.

Because, if that's the case than the first semi, isn't semi at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X