Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather To Pacquiao: No 50-50 and I'm Not Budging!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
    Even got offered 70/30 off the PPV share, well if he could win, well he had to, it was an easy nights work.

So Floyd turned down 70% of around $160 million, that is about $100 million for an easy night's work.

Can anyone explain why would he do this?
    It should be obvious by now. Pacquiao accepts, Floyd comes up with new demands. You'll have to wonder why he continues to screw people. All he needs to do is tell the truth, that he wants none of Pac. Oh wait... I forgot he just recently said he doesn't need Pac. My bad...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hamaru View Post
      We are not playing the question game.

If Floyd is truly, truly, saying that Manny is easy work and believes it, he is setting himself up for failure; however, he verbally acts as if everyone will be easy work and then trains like it is the fight of his life.

Does Mayweather believe it is going to be an easy fight? Not at all. Is saying that it will be a good move? Yes. It gets people mad, makes him look ****y, and people will buy tickets like crazy just wishing he gets knocked out.
      So it was bravado by Floyd, to make him seem more superior than he is.

As Sun Tzu said, you should appear strong when you are weak.

Inside Floyd is fearful of Pacquiao and his actions support this.

Comment

• If we do not wish to fight, we can prevent the enemy from engaging us even though the lines of our encampment be merely traced out on the ground. All we need do is to throw something odd and unaccountable in his way

Blood tests
        Can't train in the Philippines
        Flat fee

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
          This.

Anyone defending either fighter or trying to argue their "rights to do this or that" are out of their minds.
          These two greedy pigs are robbing us blind of an eradefining fight and all you do is enable them? For what?

There are no sides here. We're all supposed to be boxingfans and our common interest here is getting to see this fight. Not if Mayweather gets another 1% on his yearly salary or if Pacquiao gets elected queen of pop.
          Just hit the nail on the head.

Comment

So it was bravado by Floyd, to make him seem more superior than he is.

As Sun Tzu said, you should appear strong when you are weak.

Inside Floyd is fearful of Pacquiao and his actions support this.
            I doubt he is fearful, especially after the Marquez fight. It is just a matter of money, and getting as much as he can. I don't think they are afraid to fight each other, they just want the best offer they can get before the world knows which one is better.

Comment

• Do people really believe blood tests are a form of a road block? God forbid people want a clean fight..

Comment

• Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
                Do people really believe blood tests are a form of a road block? God forbid people want a clean fight..
                Ahh the old adage.

He who questions blood testing is automatically someone who's against drug testing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hamaru View Post
                  I doubt he is fearful, especially after the Marquez fight. It is just a matter of money, and getting as much as he can. I don't think they are afraid to fight each other, they just want the best offer they can get before the world knows which one is better.
                  100% of 0 is 0 and that is what Floyd will have.

Floyd could have split half a billion with Pacquiao with a trilogy.

This has little to do with money.

It is about self-preservation.

Comment

100% of 0 is 0 and that is what Floyd will have.

Floyd could have split half a billion with Pacquiao with a trilogy.

This has little to do with money.

It is about self-preservation.
                    Both plan on retiring soon, there is no trilogy in sight. It will be a one-fight-deal. Nobody can say that Pac's camp didn't wan't to avoid Floyd talks after the Marquez fight; also, nobody can say that Floyd's $40M flat offer is reasonable.

They both want the fight no matter what they say, and they just want to do it once and be over it. With that in mind, they want the most money out of the fight...simply put, it is about the money. Floyd only wants to fight 6 more times and retire. Cotto & Canelo are going to be two, which leaves only 4 more fights. Oscar is pushing for a rematch against Ortiz, now it is down to 3 fights. He is thinking about a possible fight with Martinez, now there are only 2 fights left. He is going to want at least 1 give-me fight, and then there is Pac. Not saying Pac will be the last out of the 6 fights; however, with the promises he has been making or at least leading promoters into believing, a trilogy is out of the question.

Comment

• 67 pages about a fight that'll never happen. Y'all need to let it go. Let's move on now.

Comment

Working...
                      X