Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather To Pacquiao: No 50-50 and I'm Not Budging!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    So when Marquez moved up its because he wanted to but when Bradley moves up, he's being forced?

How many more ways can you suck Floyd's ****?
    I was far more against the Marquez/Floyd fight than I am against Bradley vs Pac fight

Comment

• Originally posted by hectari View Post
      Another twist, boy you flo-mos will twist everything to defend the man you love. What Floyd did was unprofessional not making weight for a catchweight. You are one of those guys who also blamed Pacman for draining De La Hoya after Oscar called him up from lightweight to 147 no catchweight. hypocrite pac hater.

And you didnt even respond to the other part of my reply. Please respond can you say anything negative about Floyd and his boxing career and decisions?
      Nah, I never thought Pac drained Oscar, that was all Oscar's fault.

Comment

• Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
        Wasn't a rematch with Miguel Cotto Manny's first option at 147 even though Cotto said he won't go under 154? please explain the Clottey, Mosley and Margarito fight to me as well. Floyd is an a$$hole for sure but Pac ***** don't smell like roses either. Didn't Manny say "A fight with Floyd Mayweather can wait but heaven can't"? What about him telling the media that he would take a lesser share to make the fight with Mayweather? Pac hasn't been too enthused to make this fight either or at least Arum isn't. Didn't Arum say that a fight with Mayweather is out of the question when Floyd wanted it on May 5th? Isn't Pacquiao the same guy who walked away from the first negotiations because of a blood test only to go fight Clottey who Cotto beat? Listen, both them dudes can go to hell but don't try to condemn one and give a pass to the other.
        Manny's first option was Floyd.

Manny had agreed to May 5th

Manny Pacquiao agrees to fight May 5th.

“To all of my fans…Mayweather just needs to agree to and accept a 50 percent split, and if he does, then the fight will go through. He’s the one who needs to agree,”

“He’s the one who has to say yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by adp023 View Post
          Don't need to look for it. It's news that pops up everywhere. Floyd fans seem to ignore it. Just stating the facts!!
          Sure it pops up if that is what you are looking for~

Do you though bro, if you want to hound a dude over taxes and keep close tabs on the matter more power to you. It is public information afterall.

You seem real happy about those facts or why put in those exclamation points~

Comment

Don't need to look for it. It's news that pops up everywhere. Floyd fans seem to ignore it. Just stating the facts!!
            ADP02 pick an alias and stick with one please.

Comment

• Originally posted by turbotime View Post
              I was far more against the Marquez/Floyd fight than I am against Bradley vs Pac fight
              How is that any response to what I said? You just say things hoping they mean something, its hilarious

Comment

How about this one, smart guy.....

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=4715684

Source: Pacquiao agrees to 50-50 split
                Updated: December 7, 2009, 12:02 PM ET
                By Dan Rafael | ESPN.com

Manny Pacquiao has signed a contract to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr. in boxing's biggest fight on March 13, a source with knowledge of the meeting told ESPN.com on Friday night.

Pacquiao and promotor Bob Arum met for two hours Friday to discuss the proposed deal, according to Pacquiao adviser Michael Koncz, who told The Associated Press that "Manny has some additional requirements, requests, which Arum didn't think was a problem.

"The requests of Manny were so realistic that Arum doesn't feel it's a problem and it's pretty much a done deal," Koncz said.

Later Friday it became a done deal, at least on the Pacquiao side, when he signed the paperwork, the source said.

Mayweather had previously agreed to terms with Golden Boy Promotions, his promoter for the HBO PPV fight, but it was unclear if he had signed a contract.

The source also disclosed other aspects of the fight, which will take place at the welterweight limit of 147 pounds for Pacquiao's title and match the top two fighters in the world, pound-for-pound.

The camps agreed to a 50-50 split of the money, which could be gargantuan. Many experts expect the fight to eclipse the all-time pay-per-view record for sales, which is the 2.44 million buys generated by Mayweather's 2007 victory against Oscar De La Hoya.

Both fighters will wear 8-ounce gloves but each fighter will be allowed to select the brand of gloves he will wear for the fight.

For promotional purposes, the bout will be referred to as Mayweather-Pacquiao, but Top Rank will receive first billing over Golden Boy throughout the promotion.

However, instead of a full-scale media tour, there will only be a single press conference in New York during the second week of January. With the schedule compressed because of the March 13 date for the fight, rather than May 1, which the promoters and HBO PPV preferred, it didn't leave time for a lengthy media tour.

The fight is going to take place March 13 because Pacquiao is running for a congressional seat in the Philippines and the elections are in May, which would have been a conflict between his training and the campaign.

Pacquiao will spend the first half of his training camp in Baguio in the Philippines, where he also trained for the first part of his camp in preparation for his 12th-round knockout victory against Miguel Cotto on Nov. 14. For the final few weeks of his training, Pacquiao and trainer Freddie Roach will relocate to Roach's Wild Card gym in Hollywood, Calif.

The site of the bout has not been finalized. Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has expressed interest in bringing the fight to his new stadium as have representatives from the Superdome in New Orleans. Also in the mix is the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, which has hosted several Pacquiao and Mayweather bouts. Arum has also received a proposal for a 30,000-seat temporary stadium on the Las Vegas Strip across from the Wynn resort.

Dan Rafael covers boxing for ESPN.com.
                all i seen in that article was "Manny Pacquiao has signed a contract to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr. in boxing's biggest fight on March 13". it seems you're making your hero look bad without even noticing. now what was the argument about exactly?

Comment

• As time ticks on, the less this fight seems to be happenin. I wish I could make 8 figures for one fight...FML...lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    How is that any response to what I said? You just say things hoping they mean something, its hilarious
                    It means Marquez wanted to move up to fight Floyd, and I didn't agree with it. But the poster is acting like he was bloating up Marquez or something, which is not true.

Comment

• Originally posted by davis828 View Post
                      Where does Mayweather say he offered him zero ppv. Just asking for a link to Mayweather actually saying this, that's all...

but if we get the links for you then what? ...... I will answer that for you: you would still say Floyd is your hero and does nothing wrong! Right?

Comment

Working...
                      X