No announcement yet.

Why does no one talk about Mikey Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jayjames616 View Post
    Mikey has a bright future but I wouldn't say bar none. Gary Russell will definitely be a player in these weight classes down the line. These two will have a BIG match up down the road.
    This^^^^

Gary Russell Jr will pan out, one of the most gifted young fighters no doubt.

Comment

I think he's now running the risk of being overrated if the opinions in this topic are the norm.

He seems to be on a collision course with Caballero...if he can work over the awkward Caballero on that championship level, then I'll talk about him.

Though, I think he should avoid Jhonny Gonzalez for a bit even if he does.

Comment

Garcia, Russell Jr, Broner, they are kinda like that NEXT GENERATION For Boxing, all are extremely young...it is really no need to try and rush them along because if you do that like they did with Canelo, then people will start to call them "OVERRATED" and will try to put pressure on them too soon

the pressure wouldn't be on Canelo like it is if they didn't just HAND HIM the WBC Title

Caballero will be a great test for Mikey though
        Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 04-21-2012, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
          Garcia, Russell Jr, Broner, they are kinda like that NEXT GENERATION For Boxing, all are extremely young...it is really no need to try and rush them along because if you do that like they did with Canelo, they people will start to call them "OVERRATED" and will try to put pressure on them too soon

the pressure wouldn't be on Canelo like it is if they didn't just HAND HIM the WBC Title
          We'll never see Broner vs. Russell though, Al Haymon guys NEVER fight each other, or very rarely at least.

I hate Broner fighting Sykes, but at least it's just a stay buys/tune-up fight, and he's fighting 2 more times this year.

Apparently Salido's team has been talking trash about Broner, and apparently Broner responded to Rafael on twitter talking trash right back. So, once Broner kills Sykes and if he beats Escobedo, why not make a Broner-Salido fight for November/December??? That'd be a must watch fight, no doubt.

After Escobedo, I do hope Broner fights Mendez, Salgado, and a Ponce rematch before leaving 130 though.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
            We'll never see Broner vs. Russell though, Al Haymon guys NEVER fight each other, or very rarely at least.

I hate Broner fighting Sykes, but at least it's just a stay buys/tune-up fight, and he's fighting 2 more times this year.

Apparently Salido's team has been talking trash about Broner, and apparently Broner responded to Rafael on twitter talking trash right back. So, once Broner kills Sykes and if he beats Escobedo, why not make a Broner-Salido fight for November/December??? That'd be a must watch fight, no doubt.

After Escobedo, I do hope Broner fights Mendez, Salgado, and a Ponce rematch before leaving 130 though.
            well Broner is ready to go as far as being ready for bigger matches, he has been tested more then Russell Jr and Mikey, Mikey 1st Big Test will be Caballero, and Gary Russell Jr. will soon fight tougher competition also I am sure

all are on the right path I think, no need to rush them into bigger fights too soon nor does it make any sense to have them fight each other now anyway

Comment

Working...
            X