Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Vegan diet helped brad or hurt him???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MMA's Jake Shields is a long time vegan...there are lots of top level athletes...power lifters and bodybuilders who are vegans. I gave up beef and chicken 3-4 years ago and never lost any strength or muscle and feel much better. Animal protein causes lots of inflammation and cancer cells thrive in the acidic environment/body that animal protein creates...you will be surprised if you do some research on the subject. Man's evolution is absent of carnivore teeth.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
      Man's evolution is absent of carnivore teeth.
      Canine teeth help us eat meat. Humans evolved to be omnivorous.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk Punch View Post
        He obviously does it for a reason and the guy is about as ripped as it's possible to get.

I'd like to know how and why he decided to do it. He obviously understands nutrition and found some tangible benefits - if it boosts stamina and endurance, then why isn't every boxer doing it?
        I think a boxer can get in great shape as a vegan or a meat eater. Both diets work and most people are not giving up chicken, beef, fish, eggs or milk if they don't have to because they are very tasty.Maybe Bradley knows some things about diet that most other boxers don't. Even the experts often disagree with each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
          Canine teeth help us eat meat. Humans evolved to be omnivorous.
          Why do cows have teeth

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            Why do cows have teeth
            Do they have canine teeth?

Comment

Why do cows have teeth
              canine teeth are flesh ripping...cows have teeth for grazing...we don't have flesh ripping teeth.
              Last edited by jaded; 04-17-2012, 09:49 PM.

Comment

First of all you just said teeth

Second of all they are primarily for firmly holding food in order to tear it apart, and occasionally as weapons

Horse's and Pandas both have Canine teeth, yet are vegetarians, please explain this

Comment

First of all you just said teeth

Second of all they are primarily for firmly holding food in order to tear it apart, and occasionally as weapons

Horse's and Pandas both have Canine teeth, yet are vegetarians, please explain this
                  Good question...according to Wikipedia...some horses not all have canine teeth. It seems to be more of an anomaly...maybe something to do with it's evolution.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                    I think a boxer can get in great shape as a vegan or a meat eater. Both diets work and most people are not giving up chicken, beef, fish, eggs or milk if they don't have to because they are very tasty.Maybe Bradley knows some things about diet that most other boxers don't. Even the experts often disagree with each other.
                    I remember that a really great fighter, Eder Jofre was a complete vegetarian.. He was world bantamweight champion, and at one time had a very good unbeaten record, having fought and beaten everybody. He lost 2 fights in a row to Fighting Harada, another great fighter, and retired. I remember he made a comeback a few years later and became world featherweight champion, and finished up with over 70 wins an only those 2 losses. I don't think he was ever knocked down. I'm sure he's in the record books somewhere, but when talking about great fighters, he's always forgotten.

We often see pictures of Fighting Harada when he attends the International Hall of Fame events. He looks like a little football these days.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
                      Good question...according to Wikipedia...some horses not all have canine teeth. It seems to be more of an anomaly...maybe something to do with it's evolution.
                      Why's it an anomaly?

Pretty much all Males have them but its uncommon with females. It is the norm for at least male horse to have them

Comment

Working...
                      X