Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Canelo re-dedicates himself to body punching, Mayweather could face some problems. Plus, we have no clue how jail will impact Mayweather.

Comment

Too early for Canelo. Mayweather has a ring expertise that Alvarez is not yet ready for. Credit to the kid for wanting the fight though.

Comment

Canelo has really slow footwork, and I'd imagine this fight going a lot like the mayweather v baldomir fight. Although I think Canelo is better than baldomir skill wise. But UD for mayweather, canelo has no defense for that straight right hand.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
          Tough fight to call. Will Floyd finally show signs of aging? Canelo sets a pretty high pace for his fights and has been able to fight his fight effectively every time out, with good power, and good angles. He could win this thing on points of Floyd gets lackadaisical like he sometimes does in his fights.

It's close.
          Canelo sets a high pace??

Since when??

All he does is back up...

Canelo is not a pressure fighter...he's tries to be slick..

Comment

canelo isn't seasoned enough IMO and probably never will be

Comment

Originally posted by Mars Volta View Post
              canelo isn't seasoned enough IMO and probably never will be
              I wouldn't say that, he's 21 or so remember. Age looked to have caught up with Mayweather to a degree in his last fight, it all depends how Canelo progresses. I'm certain now is too soon though, he needs to focus on putting Mosley away.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
                Tough fight to call. Will Floyd finally show signs of aging? Canelo sets a pretty high pace for his fights and has been able to fight his fight effectively every time out, with good power, and good angles. He could win this thing on points of Floyd gets lackadaisical like he sometimes does in his fights.

It's close.
                Not really, him and Floyd fight around the same pace, which favors Floyd.

Comment

I know I will be laughed at but I pick Canelo by a small amount, sort of a toss up. I really think Floyd will fight Canelo in a unification fight early next year. Asuming Floyd beats Cotto and Canelo is still champ the Ring 154lb. tittle will also be at stake.By late this year I expect Canelo to have KO wins over Mosley and Kirkland. I make Canelo a slight favorite because he will be just turning 22 years old and Floyd will be almost 36 years old. Canelo is much bigger and I expect Floyd to enter the ring weighing 151 while Canelo will weigh about 165 on fight night. Mosley showed that Floyd can be badly hurt and if Canelo hurts him he will jump on him hard. Canelo is a great finisher. I pick Floyd to beat any welterweight in the world but against Canelo he is giving up a lot of age and weight to an excellent fighter.If I have Canelo overrated Mosley or Kirkland should show me that. So go ahead, blast me.

Comment

Canelo too slow, too inexperienced, not good enough in general to beat Floyd

Comment

What Spray said.

Comment

Working...
                      X