Ortiz "Rios is a 4 round fighter, good for when i need a tune up"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
    Fight was only 10 rounds brosef.
    He won the majority of the next 6 rounds or do you disagree? The 2nd half belonged to Peterson.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
      He won the majority of the next 6 rounds or do you disagree? The 2nd half belonged to Peterson.
      Yeah I thought he did his best work the next 5 or so rounds but still those KD's early were too much to overcome in a 10 rounder when I had scored it.

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
        Victor used to be Brandons Barber....
        Oh that's it? Thought they trained together and there was some brotherly love. So where did all the bad blood come from? From the dispute between the 2 Garcia's?

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
          It depends on how well Rios carries his weight and how he would be able to take Ortiz power. I would have to see Rios at JWW and his outgrowing JWW, I would have to see him at WW. Before I can really answer.

I know people for some reason like to overrate Ortiz, not sure if it's because, he is with Golden Boy or because he fought Floyd. Rios might not be that good, sure fine. But, Ortiz is a Judah, a Clottey to me. Mental midget, if an opponent can give it as well as take and stand up to them, then they will fold.

But, one thing we know for sure. P4P if I have to pick who's a bigger front runner between Ortiz and Rios. It is Ortiz, if I have to say who's more of a 4 round fighter, it is Ortiz. I have seen Rios get somewhat outbox, damn near dominated and score a come from behind KO, I have seen Rios get in the balls repeatedly over and over and still do damage, I have seen Ortiz quit not only physically but mentally. Ortiz might have the better tools, and skill level. But, when it comes to intangibles I would take Rios intangibles over Ortiz any day of the week. I don't know how anyone can say Ortiz intangibles is better.
          @ your first paragraph, man you have to go through a lot just to figure out who'd win in that fight. This won't be some kind of chess match, it's not like picking who'd win between Ray Robinson and Ray Leonard. These are two defensively flawed fighters, one has slightly better defense and considerably better boxing skills, and also comes in better shape for his fights. Stylistically, Ortiz should beat fat ass Rios. How Rios looks at 140 and 147 won't change the outcome of that fight if it ever happens. Not much science to this matchup or an awful lot of breaking down to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
            Weight won't be an issue, Rios's style is sloppy and 1 dimensional IMO. Ortiz movement, speed and power would be perfect for Rios's brawler style. I mean he has yet to impress me. Ortiz has fought much better competition at the weight classes he has been in.

Bigger front runner? Id have to say Rios is, who has he beat? His resume is basic, Ortiz has at least fought and defeated much higher caliber fighters than Rios has. Id say Rios for not really proving much and having a basic style is by far the FRONT RUNNER.
            Weight is a factor, I don't know how it can NOT be.

Ortiz doesn't have the movement or the style nor the defense that either Acosta or Abril had.

Ortiz has yet to impress me at all also. I been more impressed with Rios than Ortiz. What is the difference between Maidana style and Rios style? Ortiz wilted against Maidana style who's to say he would wilt against Rios style. All the movement and skills, and speed and power does you no good if you're too mentally weak and inconsistent to put it together.

Rios has beaten good fighters, Whether people knew who they were or not is irrelevant. I have seen Rios score come from behind knockouts, that is NOT what front runners do, I haven't seen Ortiz do it. I actually have seen Ortiz win early, dominate early and let the opponent comeback or just plain out QUIT because he couldn't out fight or beat his opponent that is what a front runner does.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
              Yeah I thought he did his best work the next 5 or so rounds but still those KD's early were too much to overcome in a 10 rounder when I had scored it.
              I agree, it was inside of the first 4 rounds. Hence 4 round fighter.

Comment

Ortiz has been chatting a lot of **** lately and its not like him, it seems very forced. I have a feeling one of his handlers/managers/GBP told him hes boring and to talk **** more.

Comment

Originally posted by Simply Zyzz View Post
                  lol props to ortiz for saying that!... he would kill him in the ring!
                  now rios is going to do an interview saying see him anywhere cuz hes a hardcore gangsta

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                    Wait... these 2 used to be friends? What's the story behind this and the bad blood?
                    victor fked rios wife..thats why rios hates him now

Comment

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
                      @ your first paragraph, man you have to go through a lot just to figure out who'd win in that fight. This won't be some kind of chess match, it's not like picking who'd win between Ray Robinson and Ray Leonard. These are two defensively flawed fighters, one has slightly better defense and considerably better boxing skills, and also comes in better shape for his fights. Stylistically, Ortiz should beat fat ass Rios. How Rios looks at 140 and 147 won't change the outcome of that fight if it ever happens. Not much science to this matchup or an awful lot of breaking down to do.
                      How so? If Rios can't take the power of a JWW or a WW then yes I agree Ortiz stops him. But, if Rios can take the power and yes carry the weight, still have his power. Then it could be an interesting fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X