Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Groves Injured, Withdraws From Stieglitz Title Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor Stieglitz. First a fight with Mikkel Kessler in November gets postponed to April because of injury. Then the fight got cancelled. Enter Groves and now he is injured.

Must be a frustrating situation.

Does anybody have a feeling that this is a great situation for Sauerland? I await the annoncement of Abraham-Stieglitz within a week.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post

Does anybody have a feeling that this is a great situation for Sauerland? I await the annoncement of Abraham-Stieglitz within a week.
      The man in your sig would dust both of those guys off at the same time with a single right hand.

Always felt bad for Shuler. Good fighter and died too young. That right hand is all anyone remembers him for.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
        The man in your sig would dust both of those guys off at the same time with a single right hand.

Always felt bad for Shuler. Good fighter and died too young. That right hand is all anyone remembers him for.
        Definetely. But who of todays fighters could stand up to a prime Hearns anyway?

I agree on Shuler as well. He had more promise than is evident from the Hearns right hand.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          Definetely. But who of todays fighters could stand up to a prime Hearns anyway?
          Well I say nobody, but I'm biased, I will pick Hearns over everyone including the guys he lost to twice.

It puts into terms the greatness of Leonard or Hearns who were working in their 4th weight class and still would have destroyed all the natural 168'ers of today.

Comment

Working...
          X