Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do people on here like how ABRIL fought??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garfios View Post
    This is thread for Rios nuthuggers or the one that don't know $h1t about boxing? Trading bombs is not boxing it is a street fight without going to the ground, Abril is heck of a boxer and exposed Rios big time, if you are a good boxer you will neutralize the clinching part and score with telling blows just like kirkland with all his shortcomings was doing in the latest rounds, don't hate Abril because took Rios to school, blame the judges for robbing a young man out of a well deserve victory and yourselves for not seeing that Rios was just a brawler... This is boxing the art of hitting and not be hit.
    I still like Rios, but youre right about boxers vs brawlers.

Prawn Cornelius approves this message.

Comment

Originally posted by Prawn Cornelius View Post
      Not at all. The problem I have is your insinuation that we all approve of holding because we think Abril won. And for the record, he DID use his boxing ability to win the fight and got robbed. If you believe otherwise..to each their own.
      He didn't thrown many punches at all, he wasn't landing every punch, in like the first 6 rounds he rarely landed anything solid, he would be stuck in a corner doing nothing just smothering Rios' punches.

Last night he had the opportunity to really do some damage on Rios and he blew that chance, and now the way he fought I doubt we will see him on tv again.

Comment

Originally posted by Very Rich Man View Post
        Clinching is illegal. Just because you constantly see it on TVs and referees don't do anything doesn't mean it's not illegal, and is not considered dirty fighting.

Look up the rules of boxing Russian.
        Again with this "Clinching is illegal bullshiiit"

No its not, get over it. Clinching is as part of the game as punching

Comment

That kind of fighting is the main reason why people go to MMA. Pose, throw one punch, then clinch, rinse and repeat. It's disgusting. Don't know why people make a living screwing the paying audience.

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
            This is thread for Rios nuthuggers or the one that don't know $h1t about boxing? Trading bombs is not boxing it is a street fight without going to the ground, Abril is heck of a boxer and exposed Rios big time, if you are a good boxer you will neutralize the clinching part and score with telling blows just like kirkland with all his shortcomings was doing in the latest rounds, don't hate Abril because took Rios to school, blame the judges for robbing a young man out of a well deserve victory and yourselves for not seeing that Rios was just a brawler... This is boxing the art of hitting and not be hit.
            Who said for Abril to trade with him? You claim we don't know anything about boxing, but is the only way for a fighter to outbox an opponent to hold him and smother his punches? Because I know a lot of things Abril could have did last night with out trading at all that would have got him a victory and put on a decent show. so may be you don't know boxing. And as you can see my favorite fighter fights nothing like Rios.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post

excessive clinching is. thats a fact

Comment

Originally posted by RIZO24 View Post
                Yeah he beat Rios easily. But do you guys like his style of fighting?? Me personally, I hate fighters who try and win by points like that. I know Bam Bam is an idiot sometimes and understand how people hate him but he is an exciting fighter who likes to give fans an exciting fight. That being said, Richard Abril is a great technical fighter but his style of fighting is ugly to watch and belongs more in the amateur circuit. So do most people praising Abril like to see him hold and box his way to bigger fights? Not me people his style was very unpleasent to my eyes, im still trying to recover from watching him hild his way to victory. Remember people styles make fights and Abril would make any fighter look bad but do you really like watching that ****t again??
                Did you like the way Molina fought Kirkland?????????????

Alvarez stays in reverse...do you like the way he fights???

Comment

Originally posted by Cgarcia View Post
                  That kind of fighting is the main reason why people go to MMA. Pose, throw one punch, then clinch, rinse and repeat. It's disgusting. Don't know why people make a living screwing the paying audience.
                  You mean the way Carlos Molina fought Kirkland??

Comment

Originally posted by pturtle View Post
                    He didn't thrown many punches at all, he wasn't landing every punch, in like the first 6 rounds he rarely landed anything solid, he would be stuck in a corner doing nothing just smothering Rios' punches.

Last night he had the opportunity to really do some damage on Rios and he blew that chance, and now the way he fought I doubt we will see him on tv again.
                    Again, he did exactly what he needed to do. How is a guy with little power going to do some real damage to a guy who has a granite chin and persistent pressure?

Rios' gameplan was to get Abril against the ropes/corner yeah? He did that, but Abril did what he needed to do and he sat in the corner and smothered Rios' punches, just like you said. Bet that conserved a lot of his energy too, as opposed to using his legs. Sounds smart to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post

Excessive clinching isn't illegal? You actually consider it as legal as punching?

Comment

Working...
                      X