No announcement yet.

Over 25,000 in attendance for Marquez fight at new stadium

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
    Yeah he filled the entire Arena México. Marquez wants Pacquiao to fight in México, but in the Azteca Stadium, and I'm pretty sure that right now Marquez could get 100K people in there for that fight.
    That fight can easily can that it was watched by over 43 million on Mexican TV

Comment

Well it's not really surprising, tickets couldn't have been priced too highly and Mexicans really support their fighters.

Attendance figures in Mexico and South America normally do pretty good. I mean 27,000 people showed up for a women's title fight in Argentina between Yesica Marcos and Ana Julaton.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
        Well it's not really surprising, tickets couldn't have been priced too highly and Mexicans really support their fighters.

Attendance figures in Mexico and South America normally do pretty good. I mean 27,000 people showed up for a women's title fight in Argentina between Yesica Marcos and Ana Julaton.
        Well to be honest it's not an easy task to did what JMM just did.

Canelo was only able to attract around 5K for his last fight in Plaza de Toros México (It has a capacity of around 30K)

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
          Well to be honest it's not an easy task to did what JMM just did.

Canelo was only able to attract around 5K for his last fight in Plaza de Toros México (It has a capacity of around 30K)
          Yes, but it was also in his hometown and his first fight there in 18 years. Plus unlike Canelo, he's among the best fighters in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
            40k... in a stadium built with a 23k capacity?
            doesn't make sense but im pretty sure thats what they said

Comment

Originally posted by silencers View Post
              well it's not really surprising, tickets couldn't have been priced too highly and mexicans really support their fighters.

Attendance figures in mexico and south america normally do pretty good. I mean 27,000 people showed up for a women's title fight in argentina between yesica marcos and ana julaton.
              wtf..... Dang!

Comment

Working...
              X