Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will go down as the greater fighter Juan Manuel Marquez or Tito Trinidad?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would have to say JMM simply because Trinidads best win wasn't actually a win in most people's eyes.

Where as JMM accomplished what many thought was impossible knocking out one of the greatest boxers ever in Pac.

Much respect for Tito though, his power was scary.

Comment

• Hmm gimme Marquez.

Comment

• There's that 60/30 poll ratio again

Tito to me was more dominant. I find Marquez to be a bit overrated due to the fact that his style meshed well with Manny. I don't consider his recent wins under Memo for the obvious reasons. I think the Floyd fight showed us all how overrated a "boxing genius" Marquez is. Tito all the way for the sheer energy and dominance he brought to the ring at 147lbs.

Comment

• Also JMM was a much better boxer. Think about this, JMM's performances over Pac really showed mostly when Cotto got totally dominated by Pac.

To think a bigger, stronger man in Cotto was knocked out and basically dominated after round 2 made JMM's performances that much more impressive.

JMM's boxing was much better than Tito's, I felt that Tito relied on his power way too much and when faced against better boxers, it showed. Like Oscar, Hopkins and Whitaker.

JMM really hasn't been outboxed ever, except when he fought Mayweather and he's one of the greatest boxers of all time. There's no shame in being outclassed there.

Add longevity and it's a no brainer. That's not taking anything from Tito though, great fighter and champion.

Comment

• Originally posted by turbotime View Post
            Trinidad missed out on a lot of great fights though.
            Whitaker when he was still good
            Lopez
            Rivera
            Quartey
            Mosley

His best win was against 20 fight Vargas, and he had to hook him in the nuts twice to do so.

Fanboy bull****. 10 out of 10 times, Titos crushes Vargas. Gotta love the excuses. Vargas was a PEDS freak who could not even handle the FIRST left hook Tito landed on him 10 seconds into the fight. How do you REALLY kid yourself that Tito needed low blows to crush a roided Vargas? I love how these flag wavers pretend not to see the countless low blows Chavez Sr was known for. I bet the think Salido's 50 low blows in ONE fight were ALL on the belt line.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Tito> Vargas all day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
              Also JMM was a much better boxer. Think about this, JMM's performances over Pac really showed mostly when Cotto got totally dominated by Pac.

To think a bigger, stronger man in Cotto was knocked out and basically dominated after round 2 made JMM's performances that much more impressive.

JMM's boxing was much better than Tito's, I felt that Tito relied on his power way too much and when faced against better boxers, it showed. Like Oscar, Hopkins and Whitaker.

JMM really hasn't been outboxed ever, except when he fought Mayweather and he's one of the greatest boxers of all time. There's no shame in being outclassed there.

Oh, now think of how TERRIBLE Marquez looked against Floyd, while Cotto took it to Floyd and til this day Floyd acknowledges Cotto as his toughest fight.

Let's not get caught up in the Memo-Marquez era.

Styles...

They make fights.

Triangles doe.

Again, Marquez is overrated. Chris John doe.

Comment

• Marquez put the fighter of the decade to bed and tucked him in. Did Tito ever accomplished that?

Comment

• It really doesn't matter whether the poll had it for Tito or Marquez, the fact is that Marquez will end up being seen as greater. He already did then, and still does now.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    It really doesn't matter whether the poll had it for Tito or Marquez, the fact is that Marquez will end up being seen as greater. He already did then, and still does now.
                    Yea pretty much, I understand people are fans of Tito and I was too. I just think if you look at resume, and performance in the biggest fights of their perspective careers, it's a no brainer.

Tito is great, while JMM is an ATG.

Comment

• Tito Trinidad - Born 1973 - Currently 41 years of age - Retired 2005, 2008

Juan Manuel Marquez - Born 1973 - Currently 40 years of age(41 in August) - Still fighting - #3 at Welterweight - #6 P4P.

It's a no brainer.

Comment

Working...
                      X