Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are pac fans making floyd more relevant then pac because of there hatred?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by silentscoper View Post
    Of course I know what sampling is, I noted that your sample was too small earlier to be representative of the entire population. Like you said, you get enough to have an idea of a general consensus. 3 pages while more credible than anything else anyone has shown is hardly representative of a month's posting. I had a little time on my hands so I went through 39 pages and 39 pages later the post dates are still only at April 1st. My count was more to the line of

12 Floyd Hate/Discredit Threads
    8 Pacquiao Hate/Discredit Threads

Now by no means does this prove that there are more Floyd Hate/Discredit threads on average than Pacquiao Hate/Discredit Threads, I'm simply putting forward the evidence to refute your claims. If you go back further you may find the ratio change some more.
    So far we have been debating intelligently w/o getting into unfounded assertions and deceit. However, from the figures you presented, I'm beginning to see something that's common to most Floyd fans.
    I just went through just the first 20 pages of the thread list and the result is the exact opposite of your figures.

Page 1 to 20 showed 12 negative threads directed towards Pac and just 5 towards Floyd.

I can cite the authors of those threads and you can confirm this for yourself. Now, if you can do the same and cite the ones you discovered from page 21 to 39 as you claim you have done, I may possibly reestablish my respect for you as a poster.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      There is a core group: spoon23, bombs, d4thincarnation, oxn, pacfan, puga, pacsmash, weebler II that only create anti floyd threads. I wonder what they would do if floyd actuslly retired for real.
      They would cancel all of their NSB accounts and start a pop group

Comment

Originally posted by Teri View Post
        I've noticed that most threads that have nothing to do with floyd seem to always bring floyd name into the convo...I've also noticed that most mayweather threads have 10x more views and replies then pac threads.

Seems to me the amount of attention floyd get's on boxingscene is taking the shine away from pac on here just saying.
        People would rather pay to see Mayweather lose than pay to watch Arum's guy win. It's that simple.

Comment

Originally posted by pacfan View Post
          don't know about philippine and filippinos. hagler is black. he's from america. same thing with chop corley, holmes, foreman, wilbon, etc. they all call floyd a duck.

truth hurts, i know.

keep making it a racial issue, though. who are we kidding?

This was a bizarre response. Your reply had absolutely nothing to do with the topic and the post your replied to. I hope your ok. You should take a break from NSB. Your hate is now making you reply to things that are not there. Not a good sign my friend. Wouldn't be a bad idea for you to step out and get some fresh air. No joke!!!

Comment

Originally posted by silentscoper View Post
            I don't understand why you keep trying to spin this as a race issue. Nor do I understand why you listed a bunch of Americans. It was just information that showed that Manny Pacquiao's country spends most of their athlete search queries on Floyd Mayweather. I fail to see how that is a racially charged statement in any way. Where is the derogatory comment about the people of the Phillipines? There wasn't. It was simply the amusing fact that Floyd is one of the highest searched athletes there.

Ironically those are some people who expressed their view that Marquez beat Pacquiao on the 3rd fight. Their opinion is their opinion, those who choose to respect it do, those who don't do not. Why did you feel the need to bring up these boxers when he posted something about Floyd being searched? I fail to see the relevance outside of Floyd being mentioned.
            That poor dude(pacfan) is losing it. This is what hate in one does to one. If you see all of his responses. They all consist of him saying Floyd is a chicken regardless of what the topic is. You could be talking about N. Korea missle and he would revert back to Floyd is ducking Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by iNDOSMOKE View Post
              Hmm I see 3 threads on the first page all about PAC from Floyd fans. I don't see any from the PAC fans.
              That's what I've been wondering about. I've been seeing a lot of butt hurt threads coming from Floyd fans. They must really be suffering inside.

Comment

Originally posted by tatangb45 View Post
                So far we have been debating intelligently w/o getting into unfounded assertions and deceit. However, from the figures you presented, I'm beginning to see something that's common to most Floyd fans.
                I just went through just the first 20 pages of the thread list and the result is the exact opposite of your figures.

Page 1 to 20 showed 12 negative threads directed towards Pac and just 5 towards Floyd.

I can cite the authors of those threads and you can confirm this for yourself. Now, if you can do the same and cite the ones you discovered from page 21 to 39 as you claim you have done, I may possibly reestablish my respect for you as a poster.
                Well I see we have a conflict in our results. I invite you to cite all 12 of your threads and I will cite the ones I've discovered in page 21 to 39. Though I believe we must define exactly what counts as a negative thread. Only ones that have started with negative intentions or would we include neutral threads which become negatively skewed towards a fighter?

It also occurred to me that there are a number of threads being merged with the Master Thread. But I suppose there is not much we can do about that.

Comment

I would not say it is Manny fans, it would be Floyd haters~ now people from one group are often found in the other but not everyone and their reasons are very different.

Manny fans suppport Manny and Floyd talks a lot of smack about Manny so his fans are obviously going to talk a bit of smack about Floyd, some take it to the nTH degree but they do actually care about Manny and will likely always care.

Floyd haters just hate Floyd, most happen to like Manny because he is a guy they can lean on and use but they really don't care about Manny all that much, they would jump to another guy as soon as it suits them.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                    I would not say it is Manny fans, it would be Floyd haters~ now people from one group are often found in the other but not everyone and their reasons are very different.

Manny fans suppport Manny and Floyd talks a lot of smack about Manny so his fans are obviously going to talk a bit of smack about Floyd, some take it to the nTH degree but they do actually care about Manny and will likely always care.

Floyd haters just hate Floyd, most happen to like Manny because he is a guy they can lean on and use but they really don't care about Manny all that much, they would jump to another guy as soon as it suits them.
                    But Floyd haters are a large portion of the Pac stan base.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakla Nation
                      what is it that you guys are arguing about? ill try to give my input as an unbiased fan
                      Hahaha we're making a count of the hate threads though I'm waiting on his response.

Comment

Working...
                      X