No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juan Manuel Marquez’ Long Overdue Homecoming

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JakeNDaBox View Post
    I agree on the smokescreen part. However, not sure what a Gesta fight would prove.

Marquez said he plans to stay at 140 and above, I'm thinking to stay ready in case a 4th Pacquiao fight rolls around. I don't need to see Gesta move up to 140 - he's not even proven at 135, TBH.

Hopefully Nacho will remember his strength as a trainer and his ineptitude as a manager and let more qualified people plan Marquez' next fight (assuming he wins on Saturday)
    Philippines vs Mexico Rivalry.
    I bet you Filipinos will eat it up. All my friends are all over Pac and Donaire along with any other Filipino in a notable bout. They're all casual fans.
    If they do it in Cowboy stadium, I think it'll make people think it's a huge event

Comment

Originally posted by Camp Beast View Post
      Damn imagine if unicorns really existed?
      lol What?? That was just plain stupid...

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
        Philippines vs Mexico Rivalry.
        I bet you Filipinos will eat it up. All my friends are all over Pac and Donaire along with any other Filipino in a notable bout. They're all casual fans.
        If they do it in Cowboy stadium, I think it'll make people think it's a huge event
        You're right. I think the hope from the managerial stand-point is that Marquez thrashing Gesta could create enough buzz to lure Pac into a 4th fight.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNDaBox View Post
          I agree on the smokescreen part. However, not sure what a Gesta fight would prove.

Marquez said he plans to stay at 140 and above, I'm thinking to stay ready in case a 4th Pacquiao fight rolls around. I don't need to see Gesta move up to 140 - he's not even proven at 135, TBH.

Hopefully Nacho will remember his strength as a trainer and his ineptitude as a manager and let more qualified people plan Marquez' next fight (assuming he wins on Saturday)
          I agree with you. I wouldn't pay for a Márquez-Gesta fight, but I'm afraid that Márquez Team prefers that option. Beristain prefers to bet on the sure thing. If Marquez doesn't sign a fourth fight with Pacquiao we will only see tune-up fights and second-rate PPVs.

Comment

Originally posted by PacmanP4PLegend View Post
            lol What?? That was just plain stupid...
            It's called sarcasm chump! Why don't you read what I quoted with my post first next time you open your mouth tryin to be cute.

Comment

Originally posted by Camp Beast View Post
              It's called sarcasm chump! Why don't you read what I quoted with my post first next time you open your mouth tryin to be cute.
              Thank you for calling out this mans idiocy........I wanted to do it myself, but I catch heat from "moderators" whenever I criticize a PacFan.

Comment

Hope juan trains hard for this one, he says is he.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony B. View Post
                  Thank you for calling out this mans idiocy........I wanted to do it myself, but I catch heat from "moderators" whenever I criticize a PacFan.
                  Ya np, just don't curse or use racial slurs and you too can roast these clowns all day!

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                    By Jake Donovan - In the aftermath of his disputed points loss to Manny Pacquiao last November, Juan Manuel Marquez swore that – absence of a fourth fight surfacing any time soon – he was heading back home. Whether or not he’d be heard from ever again is anybody’s guess.

Marquez remains at his Mexico City home to this day, only this time it’s for an actual fight.

It’s been more than 17 years since Marquez (53-6-1, 39KO) has enjoyed a true homecoming appearance. Marquez returned to Mexico in a tune-up bout last summer, though the bout took place in Cancun.

For this first time since 1994, Mexico City will have the honor of playing host to its favorite son. Marquez returns home to face Sergiy Fedchenko at the New Mexico City Arena in the headlining act of a split-site doubleheader. [Click Here To Read More]
                    Awesome read and article Jake Donovan.

Comment

Working...
                    X