Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What'd Mayweather Jr's resume potentially look like if he'd spent his career at 130?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What'd Mayweather Jr's resume potentially look like if he'd spent his career at 130?

If Floyd had spent his entire career at 130lb.

What would his resume potentially look like?

And could he have gone down as the best 130lb fighter of all time?

I think he would have done great. The only question I would have is how much trouble would he have keeping his weight that low for his entire career. When any young fighter starts out they're at a lighter weight but as they grow older they will naturally put on more.

Comment

There were a lot of good fights that could have been made back down at the lower weights for him:

Morales
      Hamed
      Barrera
      Juan Manuel Marquez
      Pacquaio
      Casamayor
      etc

Comment

I think Floyd at 130 and 135, even though he kind of whizzed through those divisions, you have to consider him one of the greatest fighters to have ever fought in those weight divisions. I don't think there are too many guys that could have competed with him at those weight classes, he was spectacular.

Castillo was an anomaly, he just had a style which gave Floyd trouble. No two fighters fight exactly the same way, and make the same movements in the ring, even if there style is similar. That is why no one has been able to replicate it, and why fantasy fights don't mean squat.

Comment

I think the toughest fights for him would have been a third Castillo fight and maybe Casa. I love the Mexi-trio but Floyd would embarass them.

Comment

He wouldn't have always been able to make 130 though. I still think that if Floyd really pushed himself and cut weight, he could probably fight at 140 today.

He would have been great regardless though. I already say no 130 lb fighter beats the 2001 version of Floyd at 130 lbs. There's some close fights in there I'm sure, but I'd never bet against that version of Mayweather at 130. Mayweather is easily one of the greatest Super Featherweights of All-Time. Genaro Hernandez, Angel Manfredy, Gregorio Vargas, Diego Corrales, Carlos Hernandez, Jesus Chavez, he has a damn good SFW resume.

Comment

I use to talk about that all the time. Not so much 130 but 135 and then maybe 140. He was getting a lil big for SFW so I doubt he couldve stayed there his whole career but he couldve stayed at LW for a ton longer and then 140 for a ton longer. He just moved up super fast to chase the big money Oscar fight. If Oscar was a LW or a 140 pounder then I dont think Floyd wouldve moved up nearly as fast and he wouldve had alot of other names on his resume

Comment

As of right now, floyd is an atg at 130. But he wouldnt be undefeated if he stayed there and fought the best. And i wpuldnt hold it against him. Id prob have him rated higher atg. Fighting multiple real comtenders wit every imaginable style at one weight> cherry picking at multiple weights.

Comment

It'd look just like his fighting style. Stale, boring, and predictable.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                    As of right now, floyd is an atg at 130. But he wouldnt be undefeated if he stayed there and fought the best. And i wpuldnt hold it against him. Id prob have him rated higher atg. Fighting multiple real comtenders wit every imaginable style at one weight> cherry picking at multiple weights.
                    Who would have beaten him at a lower weight? I can't think of anyone!

Comment

Working...
                    X