Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was it wrong that Raheem didn't get the Pacquiao Shot over Morales?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Manny wanted to avenge his loss........just throwing that out there. The 3rd fight was purely financail.

I think its wrong that there are haters out there researching and putting together posts and threads that is intended to diminish fighters. Crazy thing is that ALL fighters can be exploited and bashed. Throw in baised opinion and link it to records then connect the dots with baised opinion again = hater thread/post.

Oh and be great at boxing and guess what. MORE haters. Be average= bum. A prospect= untested/green.

What is the world coming to.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      Raheem fight was at lightweight wasn't it?

I don't think Pacquiao had any mandate to fight Raheem since he was still at SFW.

Maybe he should've fought him when he moved to 135 instead of Diaz. I cant remember what Raheem was doing by then tbh.

around the time PAC moved up to 135, Raheem was getting KO'd by Funeka

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
        Ok so nothing really to see here.

Comment

Originally posted by The Future View Post
          I think Manny wanted to avenge his loss........just throwing that out there. The 3rd fight was purely financail.

I think its wrong that there are haters out there researching and putting together posts and threads that is intended to diminish fighters. Crazy thing is that ALL fighters can be exploited and bashed. Throw in baised opinion and link it to records then connect the dots with baised opinion again = hater thread/post.

Oh and be great at boxing and guess what. MORE haters. Be average= bum. A prospect= untested/green.

What is the world coming to.
          Actually this was not intended to bash Pac at all, I was just wondering people's views because I saw the fight (Morales/Raheem) live and as it was going down I kept swearing and saying "there goes the Pac rematch"...

I was actually shocked that it was swept under the rug and the rematch happened, even moreso that the THIRD bout happened.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
            Actually this was not intended to bash Pac at all, I was just wondering people's views because I saw the fight (Morales/Raheem) live and as it was going down I kept swearing and saying "there goes the Pac rematch"...

I was actually shocked that it was swept under the rug and the rematch happened, even moreso that the THIRD bout happened.

you were shocked that a fight that had good ppv numbers resulted in another one?

Comment

yeah that was wrong...if raheem didn't fight funeka who knows raheem might still have a career today

how good is raheem really that these idiots like to big him up? why not ****ride the the guy who beat the guy who ktfo raheem instead...the galaxy warrior

Comment

you were shocked that a fight that had good ppv numbers resulted in another one?
                I don't remember the #'s but I was watching GSP/Matt Hughes instead of Morales/Pac 3 and I'm a huge boxing fan. The outcome of that one was inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by LeoReyes View Post
                  Because Pacquiao fans weren't even watching back then, most of this credit has come retroactively from his legions of blindly devoted nationalist fans. As far as media goes, there was not much if any national media attention or plaudits given (ESPN, FoxSports type attention) for the 2nd and 3rd fights that I can recall. I think the 2nd one is still an OK win for Pac, but yes he gets far too much credit for everything from his fans.

Basically a vast majority of Pac's fans have no idea who Raheem is, let alone had ever watched one of his fights. Of course Morales looks better to them. No matter how old or what weight problems a fighter may be facing, the names are everything to most casual fans. If Denis Lebedev were Filipino the same posters who praise everything Pac does would be praising Lebedev's wins over Jones and Toney as the greatest victories ever.

It is like if Landon Donovan or Clint Dempsey were the first soccer player Americans ever were a fan of. Then all of America decided Dempsey/Donovan were the best ever and decided to tell every internet soccer forum about how Landon Donovan is the best...every minute...of every day...for years. That is what a shockingly vast majority most Pacquiao fans are. It is a Pinoy pride thing, they don't even care about boxing.
                  I agree with everything except the bold.

I was at that fight. Manny was on the undercard of that fight. Tons of Pac fans were there. They seen that fight, they just chose to ignore the result for a few reasons. First would be the obvious route: revenge for Manny over Erik. Second would be this: Whats a better fight to watch live, Manny vs Morales or Manny vs Raheem? BTW I have never even seen this fight on video. Watching it live was punishment enough.

Raheem made Erik look old and slow but it wasn't like he beat the **** out of him or anything.

Even so, IMO the thing to do would have been to fight Raheem as an "In your face" to prove superiority over a contrasting style. Beat the man who beat the man is what I always thought the criteria for being the best was. Sure it could have been a stinker. Lots of ATGS and HOFers have been in stinkers. Floyd, Barrrera, JMM, Hops all been in stinkers. It happens. But that's why they fight the fights. Raheem ended up getting KTFO by Funeka so its not like Pac had 0 chance at a KO. I just didnt like that he didnt even try to go after the winner. That would have made me a believer instead of doing the senior tour.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
                    An off night? Thats why he didn't win a fight for 5 more years after that right?
                    Be fair, be accurate, Morales was retired for 2 1/2 of those 5 years. My answer to your question is that It was right for Raheem to have got the fight, he deserved it,he fought brilliantly; but it was wrong from a money-earning point of view, which is what it's all about.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                      Be fair, be accurate, Morales was retired for 2 1/2 of those 5 years. My answer to your question is that It was right for Raheem to have got the fight, he deserved it,he fought brilliantly; but it was wrong from a money-earning point of view, which is what it's all about.
                      Its a rare thing to see a pactard cite money as a way to justify choosing an opponent.

After all the years pactards berated Floyd for calling himself "Money" and accused him of only being motivated by money .. despite the fact that Floyd consistently faces the #1 or #2 champions .. its interesting to see someone write that Manny Pacquiao .. the so-called people's champion .. avoided Raheem because he wasn't the bigger draw .. and not because in the long run Manny would have lost TONS MORE MONEY had Raheem put on a performance similar to the one he did against Morales.

Comment

Working...
                      X