Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are people not pushing Manny/Martinez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cgarcia View Post
    Floyd-iot: Pacquiao is one-dimensional. Well, JMM did kinda prove he hasn't improved..
    Floyd-iot: Floyd is the best fighter in the world.Don't ask me, ask 90% of the experts who say the same thing.Floyd-iot: Why are people not pushing for Manny/Martinez?Cause the reality is, Manny can only look good/beat a certain kind of fighter under certain stipulations.

?
    Answers above

Comment

The general excuse is that Manny's too small, yet that didn't prevent him from fighting DLH or Margarito.

Originally posted by AbeFrohman
      Floyd is taller and weighs 10 pounds more than Manny on fight night.
      No.

Comment

I don't see why not this fight should happen eventually. Manny already proved he can destroy bigger guys like Margarito. He would dominate Martinez in a one sided shutout. Pacquiao already said he won't fight above 150 anymore though because it's too much of a strain.

Comment

Question is why don't you want the best for your hero? Aren't most arguments in this forum center around most of the time? You're supposed to be grabbing Martinez before someone gets him first. Know what I mean?

Comment

Because we want Mayweather to. Mayweather suggested it after the Mosley fight. It makes sense.
            Last edited by tenPt; 04-05-2012, 03:55 AM.

Comment

Question is why don't you want the best for your hero? Aren't most arguments in this forum center around most of the time? You're supposed to be grabbing Martinez before someone gets him first. Know what I mean?
              First he's not my hero, but Floyd is clearly the best "all around fighter of this era".
              I think he should fight Sergio @ 60, there is nobody from 47 & 54 that has more than a punchers chance.
              Sergio also would only have a punchers chance also, but @ 60? That's a tall hill to climb. I'd love to see if Floyd could pull it off, but is he didn't I'd still have major respect for him stepping up (Legit 60, no CW shyt like some guys)

Comment

Question is why don't you want the best for your hero? Wait, aint Manny the "Best"? Aren't most arguments in this forum center around most of the time? You're supposed to be grabbing Martinez before someone gets him first. Know what I mean?
                Answer above

Comment

Originally posted by tenpoint View Post
                  Because we want Mayweather to. Mayweather suggested it after the Mosley fight. It makes sense.
                  You should have used one of your ALTs to say such a stupid thing, but maybe you did sorry....

Comment

Originally posted by cixthree View Post
                    I do believe Floyd should/will fight Sergio, only after Martinez has done away with Chavez jr and has become a legit money maker.
                    But I noticed that even the most blobbling slurping Manny fans are not asking for Manny to take on Sergio, why not?

Can't say he's too big, he's not too big for Floyd. Plus Sergio is an inch shorter than both Oscar & Tony "The Mason" Margarito.

If Floyd can scrap with Serg, Manny should be able to rite? Aint he the best and would beat Floyd?
                    you give me a link or you are just making things up.

Comment

Originally posted by Stop View Post
                      I don't see why not this fight should happen eventually. Manny already proved he can destroy bigger guys like Margarito. He would dominate Martinez in a one sided shutout. Pacquiao already said he won't fight above 150 anymore though because it's too much of a strain.

He conveniently said it AFTER Martinez said he'd fight him to get his title back. First, he didn't want to move up..Martinez "leaves" vacant title..Pac moves up..Martinez challenged...Pac moves down.

I think Pac just isn't skilled or big enough to compete with him. If Martinez was as short as him, and at around his weight...sure, he'd make a good fight out of it....but even then he might not even be favored stylistically. There's a difference in fighting some giant idiot like Marg, and fighting Martinez. Not worth the grief. But he shouldn't have moved up if he was going to complain about it.

Anyway, that fight will NEVER EVER EVER EVER happen. Floyd - Ward would happen before that at 168...actually no...Floyd and BERNARD would happen before Martinez and Pac

Comment

Working...
                      X