Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kirkland (Surgery update) PW never considered as opponent, Canelo-Kirkland in Sept?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 915angel View Post
    in terms of a williams fight put them up prime for prime keepin their past as the past,,

i see kirk havin problems with p-wills jab and p-will pumping combos all night Pwill will also have 6 inches on Kirkland

as regard to a possible rematch with molina i think if molina wasnt allowed to clinch all night he'd pot-shot his way to a UD
    In his prime, Williams was damn good. He's the only fighter to really straight up beat Winky Wright even though Wright was coming off a long layoff.

But Williams size and reach has never really been utilyzed against southpaws or fighters in general.

Hell, I remember Matthysse finding his range against Williams when Williams was in his prime.

I don't think Kirkland would have a problem either.

Comment

Hell Yes. This is actually good on two fronts.

I like Kirkland obviously, so a fight where he could win a title is something I like.

On the other hand, it's a chance for Canelo to legitimize himself for a potential Mayweather shot.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
        I know you don't like Canelo but Kirkland would get his ass handed to him.
        He just is unproven. I don't know what level he is in, I don't know what he is capable of. No one really does....His hype is his age. That's all...He looks nice, fighting these shot to pieces fighters and very tiny JMW's...The question is how would he look against a legit, prime, strong JMW? That can't be answered until he fights someone of that caliber. Kirkland has fought legit, strong, prime JMW's. Has stopped legit, prime, strong JMW's.

Kirkland is proven. Canelo isn't. Is that simple.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
          In his prime, Williams was damn good. He's the only fighter to really straight up beat Winky Wright even though Wright was coming off a long layoff.

But Williams size and reach has never really been utilyzed against southpaws or fighters in general.

Hell, I remember Matthysse finding his range against Williams when Williams was in his prime.

I don't think Kirkland would have a problem either.
          you mean quintana?

Comment

I wouldn't be interested either in Williams if I was Kirkland's people~ maybe later but that is much to iffy a match-up he could win but he could alos get fucked up bad.

I think Canelo would fuck him up also but that is a less risky proposition and probably much better paying. He could always come back for Williams later win or lose should Pual stay in the picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
              He just is unproven. I don't know what level he is in, I don't know what he is capable of. No one really does....His hype is his age. That's all...He looks nice, fighting these shot to pieces fighters and very tiny JMW's...The question is how would he look against a legit, prime, strong JMW? That can't be answered until he fights someone of that caliber. Kirkland has fought legit, strong, prime JMW's. Has stopped legit, prime, strong JMW's.

Kirkland is proven. Canelo isn't. Is that simple.
              It's a good shot for Canelo to legitimize himself and prove himself. Obviously I'd love a Kirkland-Canelo fight, being a Kirkland fan. And if Canelo were to beat Kirkland, it's a 50/50 fight to me, it makes a Mayweather fight at least intriguing and legit. I've been saying that until Canelo beats a Cotto, Kirkland, Molina, Lara, the fight with Floyd is a C+ tops.

I'll laugh my a$$ off if Kirkland whups Canelo's a$$ though. They must think he's more vulnerable now or something.

Comment

you mean quintana?
                NO he means Walter Matthysse.

Lucas's brother.

PW had a little war with him.

Comment

you mean quintana?
                  Him too. Although I wouldn't compare Quintana being able to touch Williams to Kirk being able to touch Williams because Quintana and Kirk have two different styles.

But no, I was referring to Mathysse. I believe his first name is Walter, he's the older brother of the JWW. He was finding his range against a prime Williams also. Williams stopped him, but still.

Comment

It really depends on if you think Williams can bottle up Kirkland, that is a very real scenario and it ain't like Kirkland is some offensive wizard.

Williams has piss poor defense so he will get caught some but I don't think Kirkland can just easily erase him and I certainly don't think he is capable of doing what Sergio did.

Williams with his flaws is the much more refined guy, plus he might well be able to outfight Kirkland so he has options.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                      It really depends on if you think Williams can bottle up Kirkland, that is a very real scenario and it ain't like Kirkland is some offensive wizard.

Williams has piss poor defense so he will get caught some but I don't think Kirkland can just easily erase him and I certainly don't think he is capable of doing what Sergio did.

Williams with his flaws is the much more refined guy, plus he might well be able to outfight Kirkland so he has options.
                      Williams punches with both hands down. If Kirk finds that chin, it's a wrap. Which he will.

Look at it this way. I don't think Angulo was ever dropped as a pro or amateur. I don't even think Molina has been dropped? I could be wrong.

Fact is, Kirkland has pressure and power. If you don't have the right style, you won't defeat Kirk.

Comment

Working...
                      X