Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me name the active genuine boxer punchers.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
    lara is as much a puncher as garcia
    No worries bro. Clean healthy debate is always good. Whats Lara's ko ratio??

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      No worries bro. Clean healthy debate is always good. Whats Lara's ko ratio??
      dunno, im sure its lower but lara has fought better fighters and he has fewer fights.

Comment

Canelo, nah, he's more of a straight forward plodder power puncher type.
        You serious? He's a fundamentally sound fighter with good counter punching skills, timing, accuracy and power. You make him sound like Margarito.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
          dunno, im sure its lower but lara has fought better fighters and he has fewer fights.
          I know he's called out the best around his weight class, that's for sure. Outside of the Punisher & Molina, where IMO he's 1-1, who else has he scrapped?

Comment

Nonito Donaire no?

Comment

Originally posted by rorymac View Post
              Nonito Donaire no?
              OMG now I'm getting embarrassed. How the hell did I forget my fave Phillipino. He definately fits the bill. Good work bro!!

Comment

Johnny Gonzalez has turned into a great boxer puncher.

Comment

I'm talking bout those fundimentaly sound fighters that posses the ko power.

I know Mikey Garcia is 1. I'm really not sure of the others currently, help a bushman out please.

lucian bute

wladimir klitschko

mikey garcia is a good one. prototypical boxer - puncher. very well trained. robert garcia is a monster trainer. so glad to see him win trainer of the year. he's got three world class fighters, two that he taught to fight himself (rios and his brother mikey)

abner mares

gennady golovkin (a bit slow for the boxing part, but the kid has HUGE hands and he can flippin bang.)

the problem broner (he's a bit more of a sharpshooter/counterpuncher, but i guess we can say he's a boxer. certainly got the punching part down.)

i dont think a guy has to be a big puncher or knockout artist to be a boxer puncher

if you box steadily while looking for power punches you're a boxer puncher in my eyes.

Comment

OMG now I'm getting embarrassed. How the hell did I forget my fave Phillipino. He definately fits the bill. Good work bro!!
                    I think Donaire is a counter-puncher like Broner is. Both of them use their athletic advantages to get the jump on their opponents. I think as they go up in weight, they will naturally become boxer-punchers, once they find out that they can't KO everyone they face. They'll allow the KO's to come, not go into the ring with KO on their minds.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      lucian bute

wladimir klitschko

mikey garcia is a good one. prototypical boxer - puncher. very well trained. robert garcia is a monster trainer. so glad to see him win trainer of the year. he's got three world class fighters, two that he taught to fight himself (rios and his brother mikey)

abner mares

gennady golovkin (a bit slow for the boxing part, but the kid has HUGE hands and he can flippin bang.)

the problem broner (he's a bit more of a sharpshooter/counterpuncher, but i guess we can say he's a boxer. certainly got the punching part down.)

i dont think a guy has to be a big puncher or knockout artist to be a boxer puncher

if you box steadily while looking for power punches you're a boxer puncher in my eyes.
                      Bute is another good option. Of course Wlad too. Big bro as well. Jab, bomb, rinse & repeat.

But do you really think Mares is a boxer/puncher? He's more of a high output pressure fighter to me.

Comment

Working...
                      X