Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kelly Pavlik Talks Jaco Win, Garcia Camp, Weight, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just watched the fight and while Jaco was a bum, he did come into the fight in great shape, with a good record and Pavlik did what he was expected to do to him.

Kelly looked really sharp and used the left better than I have ever seen him use it. He didn't fight as stiff and he looked like he was never off balance for a moment. Garcia has definitely made progress with him.

I look forward to seeing him in there with the better names.

I think he would give Bute fits because he has a granite chin and that show ending power. With a couple tuneups, he could probably give any SMW but Ward a good fight.

I think he would KO Abraham because of the style contrast.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Invincible View Post
      Just watched the fight and while Jaco was a bum, he did come into the fight in great shape, with a good record and Pavlik did what he was expected to do to him.

Kelly looked really sharp and used the left better than I have ever seen him use it. He didn't fight as stiff and he looked like he was never off balance for a moment. Garcia has definitely made progress with him.

I think he would give Bute fits because he has a granite chin and that show ending power. With a couple tuneups, he could probably give any SMW but Ward a good fight.

I am glad you saw those good changes in Pavlik !

Tuneups are goooooooooooooodddddddd !!

I think that Pavlik and Abraham will have to meet someday.

GOOOOOOOO Kelly !!!!!!

Don't listen to Negative crap !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Invincible View Post

Yea this was a good step back for Kelly who throw around 9 left hooks, I think adding the left hook to Kelly's arsenal will do wonders for his career.
        Kelly needs about 2 more warm up fights before he would be ready for Abraham/Glen Johnson, then if he passed the Abraham/Glen Johnson test I think Kelly would be ready for the Big boys of the divison, Bute, Ward,Froch, and Kessler, Dirrell.
        I don't think Kelly makes 160 again, although I would love to see that..Kelly looks to big and solid in this fight, much more better shape though than against Alphonso Lopez.

Comment

Hoping he gets back on track

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
            I know more than one person who turned basically bald in their 20's.

Most likely genetics, rather than drugs.

They tend to shave it all off rather than have a few strands of hair growing out each side.
            But if you look at the fight last night he has hair all around his head. Except for the top which is completely hairless. Weird look for a dude that young.

Comment

yeah what did everyone forget he fought Hopkins @ 170 when he didnt have to. When this guy is confident I would love to see him fight anyone. @ 168 I can see him taking on Abraham. i think everyone @ 160 avoids a catch weight with Pavlik unless it's Sergio entertaining the idea. Pavlik is in a tough spot. losing 10 lbs or facing the likes of Andre Dirrell, Kessler, Groves, Stieglitz, Froch, Bute and Ward. Chavez Jr is starting to make a lot of sense since the kid weighed 180 in his last fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Clint650 View Post
                yeah what did everyone forget he fought Hopkins @ 170 when he didnt have to. When this guy is confident I would love to see him fight anyone. @ 168 I can see him taking on Abraham. i think everyone @ 160 avoids a catch weight with Pavlik unless it's Sergio entertaining the idea. Pavlik is in a tough spot. losing 10 lbs or facing the likes of Andre Dirrell, Kessler, Groves, Stieglitz, Froch, Bute and Ward. Chavez Jr is starting to make a lot of sense since the kid weighed 180 in his last fight.
                I think a motivated Pavlik can beat some of those guys or at the very least compete. He fits in imo.

Comment

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
                  How can the whole entire top of Pavlik's head already be bald? He's not that old. Did the substance abuse age him or something or that's jut normal for some people??

I've never seen a young guy THAT bald.
                  a guy I went to high-school with was completely bald like that (without shaving it) by graduation. its just genetics.

Comment

only the texas boxing commission would sanction a fight between a former world champion and a guy who only fought 2 rounds in the last 5 1/2 years. scumbag bob's going to keep force feeding this clown on the boxing public until a legitimate fighter beats him into retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by rckdees View Post
                      only the texas boxing commission would sanction a fight between a former world champion and a guy who only fought 2 rounds in the last 5 1/2 years. scumbag bob's going to keep force feeding this clown on the boxing public until a legitimate fighter beats him into retirement.
                      Wow, I had not even realized that he was so inactive. That's crazy.

That being said, the dude was in hella shape for a layoff like that.

He was a fish in a shark tank and that was expected anyways so no harm no foul. I'm sure he got paid decent for a whippin like that.

Comment

Working...
                      X