Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxers that are keeping the SWEET SCIENCE ALIVE!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to agree with Light Speed. There are many aspects of boxing that often get overlooked and require skill. The sweet science is offense too.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
      What sport do brawlers practice?

In red I gave you examples of boxers struggling or losing against brawlers or unorthodox fighters.

Boxing is more complex than "skills pay the bills" "hit and don't get hit" and all those overused catch phrases.
      Jean pascal is a boxer son, doesnt matter if he unorthordox, his form is that of a boxer. The boxer won. Pascal is a very good boxer. The boxer won!!

Ali beat the **** out Frasier, all three times. Frasier won the first one only because of the three year Lay off of Ali. The boxer won!!!

Lewis vs Rockman. Rockman was a boxer, not a Brawler. Lewis came in fat from not training and making a movie. The first fight the boxer won, because rockman is a boxer. IN the rematch Lewis won by ko. The boxer won!! Another idiot example!

Mayweather defeated Costillio twice, back 2 back, once even with one hand. The boxer won!!!

Tyson vs holmes/spinks. At this point and time n Tysons career he was boxing, also Holmes was old, and spinks never came to fight. When Buster fought tyson, tyson was a brawler. He went away from the boxing that cus taught him due to partying and not training relying on his power only. The boxer won!!!

Magarita vs Cotto, Cotto was out boxing Margarita easily, but the brick hands wore Cotto down. The rematch told the true story. The boxer won!!

Herans vs Hagler. Hearns out boxed Hagler easy but he wore hisself out . I said occasionally the boxer runs out of gas or the brawler lands a money punch and wins. In this case Tommy beat hisself by punching himself out. 15 rounds is forever. If this was a 12 round fight Tommy would have won a UD. He beat the hell out of hagler for 12 rounds straight. Hagler did not win ,Tommy lost punching out.

Leonard vs Duran,, Leonard tryied to brawl with a brawler. But in the rematch he used the SWEET SCIENCE and made Duran the brawler QUIT!!! The boxer won!!!

Dirrell vs froch, anyone with eyes could see Dirrell won that fight. Also Froch is a boxer. The boxer won!!!

Your examples suck son. All you did was prove me right! Thank you for helping me further prove my point!

Comment

Right, Shane Mosley is keeping the sweet science of boxing alive.

Pacquiao, well, he's not doing much ishe ? Sells the most total PPVs each year, has the highest total gates each year, sells the most tickets in the U.S. each year, and gets more mainstream exposure that any other fighter- at least that's positive.

Right, Pacquiao is just a "come-forward, brawler"....how silly of me to forget.

Comment

this dude put zab judah in there...

Comment

Originally posted by William Blake View Post

Pacquiao, well, he's not doing much ishe ? Sells the most total PPVs each year, has the highest total gates each year, sells the most tickets in the U.S. each year, and gets more mainstream exposure that any other fighter- at least that's positive.

and you bring up Manny why?

Comment

Originally posted by Mars Volta View Post
              this dude put zab judah in there...

Zab is still one of the best southpaws currently fighting. Zab just earned another ttle shot last weekend. Now he gets the Peterson,Khan winner. I put Zabs name because he has always used the SWEET SCIENCE approach. Zab was able to box against Mayweather and beat him for about five rounds. Name someone else who can say that. Zab is a master at slipping and rolling punchers coming back with the sneaky upper cut, then pivit out of the way. Zab is really hard to hit clean. He is not a master at it but he does prefer to hitt and not get hit which is the bases of TSC.

Comment

Originally posted by William Blake View Post

Mayweather sells the most PPVs also has the highest grossing gates,and he gets more mainstream exposure than any other fighter. No one is talking about Pac , except you. The world is tuned into the Mayweathers, and thier colorfull lives. Pac is boring and overrated in his abilties as a fighter,proven by Marquez. Mayweather is undefeated and creates crazy media attention with his dont give a f#@k attitude, and luxurious life style. No one wants to see pac sing kareoake and kiss buboy. Stop throwing Pacs name in converstions that he doesnt belong.

Comment

Originally posted by SWEETSCIENCE100 View Post
                  Mayweather sells the most PPVs also has the highest grossing gates,and he gets more mainstream exposure than any other fighter. No one is talking about Pac , except you. The world is tuned into the Mayweathers, and thier colorfull lives. Pac is boring and overrated in his abilties as a fighter,proven by Marquez. Mayweather is undefeated and creates crazy media attention with his dont give a f#@k attitude, and luxurious life style. No one wants to see pac sing kareoake and kiss buboy. Stop throwing Pacs name in converstions that he doesnt belong.

Comment

boxing is all about everything. its not just hit and not getting hit.. boxers who have greater heart earned people's respect more than u think.. its a great part of boxing but still just a part..

Comment

Meh, you can't run forever, eventually you're gonna get caught.

Comment

Working...
                      X