No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Edwin Rodriguez: I Showed I Can Box, Not Just Brawl

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Edwin Rodriguez: I Showed I Can Box, Not Just Brawl

BoxingScene.com: You had a long training camp away from home, and now you’ve had several days back, coming home the winner over Donovan George at Madison Square Garden on HBO. What are you feeling right now?

Rodriguez: “It’s a great feeling. You know, it’s just unreal. My hard work and dedication to the sport is finally paying off. It’s a good feeling coming back home. I have a lot of people who look up to what I’m doing. That’s even more motivation. Just coming back home and seeing my kids and seeing my family, just being around them, is amazing, especially after a big win on HBO in Madison Square Garden.” [Click Here To Read More]

Soooo overrated. Had a rough time with Donovan george and will rosinsky.... Hed get killed by bute or Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by kokingbill View Post
      Soooo overrated. Had a rough time with Donovan george and will rosinsky.... Hed get killed by bute or Ward.

you should have seen him a couple of years ago

the good news is that he's improving every fight

he's got other gears to go to. i've seen the kid flat out brawl more than once. he's a solid puncher and he throws to the body well. against george he boxed exclusively. i'm sure that was the plan ronnie shields had for him.

when george opened up it wasnt rodriguez taking more shots, it was george.

still, the kid looks to have a ceiling, i agree.

he'll get a world title if he can get it easy
      if not andre ward or lucian bute will give him a loss. ward via whitewash and bute via stoppage.

Comment

Don't Under Estimate Rodriquez

Edwin does have another gear that Ronnie Shield will develop. Edwin has it all, power speed, intelligence, and most of all heart. That was proved in Key West fight when injured his shoulder in the 2nd round and won the fight going (10) rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Dennett View Post
          Edwin does have another gear that Ronnie Shield will develop. Edwin has it all, power speed, intelligence, and most of all heart. That was proved in Key West fight when injured his shoulder in the 2nd round and won the fight going (10) rounds.

against the best fighter he's been in with (at least going on wins and the eye test, we will see what george and rosinsky accomplish in their careers,) incidentally.

Comment

Originally posted by kokingbill View Post
            I personally don't think he's overrated. He got some skills tho but he also got some work to do. The Ring had an article on him, he deserves a big fight whenever he's ready and deserving of it. I think he had twins and they were born with problems. If I can find it I'll paste it.
            Last edited by .:: JSFD26 ::.; 03-30-2012, 09:33 AM.

Comment

http://ring tv.craveonline.com/blog/171935-qaa-rodriguez-to-fights-for-family-against-george-

Comment

He's a solid fighter but not slick enough to box with top level boxers and not sure if he's strong enough to bang with power hitters he gets backed up way to easy but he's improving and will be a tough fight for anyone ouside the top 2-3.

Still would like to see a Pavlik fight if he can put together a couple good outings this year

Comment

Working...
                X