Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime Hall of Fame fighters in Floyd resume?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe Castillo, Corales, AND Hatton will be inducted eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
      he wasnt prime, but he was still clearly one of the best. it was a great win. morales tho, wasnt prime. and pac never really beat jmm in his prime.
      Barrera was definitely a good win. I rate underdog wins very highly (Greb vs Tunney, Pac vs Barrera, Pac vs Lehlo, Floyd vs Corrales, Ayala vs Tapia) and Pac has a lot of them. Call it circumstance or whatever, but he won.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
        Hatton did beat Kostya Tszyu when he was the #1 JWW in the world and won titles in 2 weight classes. Was the RING Champ at 140 for 4 years. Beat Tszyu (in the HOF), Collazo, Urango, Lazcano, and Malingaggi. Had other wins over Maussa and Stewart. If you seriously compare the resume's of Tszyu (who's in) to Corrales-Castillo-Genaro-Hatton, it's very similar.

Hatton only failed against the top fighters from that era. It's very similar to Floyd Patterson when he fought at HW. Patterson was the man until he ran, just failed in his biggest fights (Liston and Ali). Patterson has Archie Moore, Roy Harris, Ingemar Johansson, Tom McNeeley, Eddie Machen, Henry Cooper, and Oscar Bonavena on his resume. Solid but failed in his biggest fights.
        Floyd didnt beat the 140 Hatton who beat Tszyu at 140 and ring champ for 4 years at 140. Floyd beat Hatton at 147 who did nothing much in this weight division. So even if Hatton became a HOF fighter later on, Floyd win against bloated 147 Hatton will prove nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by straightleft View Post
          Floyd didnt beat the 140 Hatton who beat Tszyu at 140 and ring champ for 4 years at 140. Floyd beat Hatton at 147 who did nothing much in this weight division. So even if Hatton became a HOF fighter later on, Floyd win against bloated 147 Hatton will prove nothing.
          Stop it. Hatton is bloated at pretty much any weight before middleweight

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
            Stop it. Hatton is bloated at pretty much any weight before middleweight
            Well, which one is the better win?

After the Oscar fight at 147, Pac moved down to 140 and ko Hatton in 2 or Floyd ko 10 Hatton in Floyds own weight division 147?

Comment

After the Oscar fight at 147, Pac moved down to 140 and ko Hatton in 2 or Floyd ko 10 Hatton in Floyds own weight division 147?
              I thought the question was what Prime (future)HOF'er is in Floyd resume.

Now the question is who had the better win?

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
                I thought the question was what Prime (future)HOF'er is in Floyd resume.

Now the question is who had the better win?
                How about you check first what I quoted.

Comment

I'll take the 147 lb Hatton over the uber coked out Hatton who retired right after the Pacquiao loss.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
                    I'll take the 147 lb Hatton over the uber coked out Hatton who retired right after the Pacquiao loss.
                    You may wonder why Hatton retired after the Pac fight and so did Oscar? Because Pac gave them an ending career beating. Floyd cant do it in the course of 22 rounds while Pac did it in the matters of just 10 rounds.

Comment

You may wonder why Hatton retired after the Pac fight and so did Oscar? Because Pac gave them an ending career beating. Floyd cant do it in the course of 22 rounds while Pac did it in the matters of just 10 rounds.
                      Hernandez retired after the Floyd fight, and for good reason. Those guys were not prime when Pac fought them. Sorry. Marquez was though!

Comment

Working...
                      X