No announcement yet.

Let's Be Honest, Floyd Mayweather Is The Reason 90% Of You Still Follow Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    If you look at it from purely the US perspective, what floyd does tends to get alot of attention. I don't think the thread starter is accurate with 90%, but it seems seeing floyd fight and seeing floyd lose motivate people to spend money.

If you look just at this board, the guys who hate floyd the most create the most threads about him. That tends to distiort people's perspective.
    In a way you are correct. People follow boxing and want to see Mayweather lose. Not anywhere near 90 % though, and for that matter, not more than other fights. When Pacquiao fought Marquez the 4th time the buzz on here was stronger than any mayweather thread. This is because boxing fans become exciting when big things in boxing are happening. Mayweather fighting Cotto is a big thing. If Lewis came back to fight a Klitschko or if Rios-Marquez, Ward-Bute, Donaire-Gamboa, Broner-Rios, etc. these would be big fights in boxing and people would start to buzz about it. To restate the 90% theory, 90% of BS users are mayweather nut huggers. Its not 90% of why I or any other non-crazed fan of mayweather watches boxing.

Comment

nah floyds my favorite athlete but i will still follow boxing even after he rides off into the sunset, undefeated.

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
        I didn't know Facebook was a boxing site.
        Facebook is an everything site.

There's 10k members max on boxing scene and a ppv audience of about 10 mil

So who do you think controls the bigger representation?

Comment

This is another nsb classic thread.

Comment

you havig a laugh?!

i follow boxing for fights like salido vs juanma or berto ortiz. and i dont even like juanma. much more interested in fighters that are willing to lay it all on the line, toe to toe battles for example, than follow a guy like floyd mayweather. this guy isnt willing to fight the best. he is more interested in money and self preservation. what a waste of talent he has been in the last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
              you havig a laugh?!

i follow boxing for fights like salido vs juanma or berto ortiz. and i dont even like juanma. much more interested in fighters that are willing to lay it all on the line, toe to toe battles for example, than follow a guy like floyd mayweather. this guy isnt willing to fight the best. he is more interested in money and self preservation. what a waste of talent he has been in the last few years.
              Floyd stans will have you believing if you dont like Floyd then you dont like boxing.

Comment

and i like your sig. "Men lie, women lie, numbers don't"

check the numbers on mayweather vs castillo 1! they dont lie!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman18 View Post
                  In a way you are correct. People follow boxing and want to see Mayweather lose. Not anywhere near 90 % though, and for that matter, not more than other fights. When Pacquiao fought Marquez the 4th time the buzz on here was stronger than any mayweather thread. This is because boxing fans become exciting when big things in boxing are happening. Mayweather fighting Cotto is a big thing. If Lewis came back to fight a Klitschko or if Rios-Marquez, Ward-Bute, Donaire-Gamboa, Broner-Rios, etc. these would be big fights in boxing and people would start to buzz about it. To restate the 90% theory, 90% of BS users are mayweather nut huggers. Its not 90% of why I or any other non-crazed fan of mayweather watches boxing.
                  Respectfully, its hard to argue Pac JMM had more buzz than any floyd fight. Thats not being realistic.

Boxing fans do excited over big things and outside of Klit vs. Klit, the biggest things in boxing right now involve floyd. Floyd v, Manny, Sergio, and (if possible) ward would overshadow anything else in the sport. None of those other fights would create HALF the buzz that Mayweather Canelo would do, let alone the other fights.

If you are a boxing fan, I don't see how you could not watch floyd fight. All the 24/7 BS aside, he is the only fighter who, when matched against any other top p4p boxer (except Klits and ward at 168) would be the favorite going in. He has great skills, footwork, balance, and a ring IQ 2nd to none. No, he doesn't produce Ward-Gatti type fights but thats because you get those with 2 evenly matched fighters. Very few are evenly matched with floyd.

No real fan only watches the sport for one fighter. But the US media usually attaches itself to one fighter and views the sporrt thru that person. Ali, Tyson, SRL, ODH, and now floyd. So in the US, floyd and floyd potentially losing when he fights, and the utter happiness that would generate in certain circles, you could argue has become bigger than the sport.

Why, I have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxn View Post
                    Floyd stans will have you believing if you dont like Floyd then you dont like boxing.
                    To oxn and Shade Darkar:

Inside the ring, why would ANYONE who really likes boxing not watch liking floyd? He is highly skilled, trains hard, never comes in out of shape and always delivers.

No, he doesn't produce Ward-Gatti type fights but thats because you get those with 2 evenly matched fighters. Very few are evenly matched with floyd. Those that were supposed to be; ie Corrales, got smoked.

As for fighting the best, are you sure about tha or are you just holding him to a ridiculous standard because you don't like him?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                      To oxn and Shade Darkar:

Inside the ring, why would ANYONE who really likes boxing not watch liking floyd? He is highly skilled, trains hard, never comes in out of shape and always delivers.

No, he doesn't produce Ward-Gatti type fights but thats because you get those with 2 evenly matched fighters. Very few are evenly matched with floyd. Those that were supposed to be; ie Corrales, got smoked.

As for fighting the best, are you sure about tha or are you just holding him to a ridiculous standard because you don't like him?
                      its really simple dunn, he doesnt fight the best. thats all there is to it. he says he is the best of all times, he sets the standard!

Comment

Working...
                      X