No announcement yet.

Let's Be Honest, Floyd Mayweather Is The Reason 90% Of You Still Follow Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by edgarg View Post
    What about the undeniable fact that he only fought opponents who were no threat to him and whom boxing experts knew had little change of winning? Eh??

I'm not trying to be an anti-Mayweatherite, it's just that the Mayweather crazies write such foolish posts adoring him that I have to comment. I do the same with MannyP maniacs, but not as often since they are not as extreme as the Mayweather crazies.

He might have lost to Stevie Johnson and a few others I can't recall rright now.?? Why didn't he go up to fight Shane Mosley in 1999, he was killing himself to make the weight like Corrales was, which was the sort of advantage he loves??
    you don't say...

You just discredited yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. President View Post
      This doesnt go for everyone on this site, but certainly the majority of you. There really isnt any other exciting fighters out there currently at the moment, and without Floyd being involved in this sport boxing would be incredibly bland right now.

For starts, the outstanding majority of you wouldnt check the latest news or frequent this site nearly as much (as evidenced by the fact that even Floyd's "haters" spend more time talking about him then they do about their own alleged favorite fighters). That's because there arent any fighters out there right now who can match his skill level or ability to create interest in the sport.

It should also be noted that if he decided to retire, PPV revenue would plummet to unseen lows. And to those of you who are gonna use the "Manny 'I have other people make my decisions for me' Pacquiao is still a big draw" card, the fact is that the reason he has so much hype behind him is because people are intrigued to see him fight Floyd. If you take Mayweather out of the equation, the interest in Pacquiao fades out.

I'm not saying that without him the sport would die out permanantly, because although no other fighter would be able to fill his shows right now (as far as boxing ability, camera savviness, and creating headlines goes), there will be others who will eventually rise to the top. But given boxings current state, and current crop of fighters out there right now, we're all incredibly lucky to have a fighter like Money Mayweather running the show. Without him this sport would be hurting worse than most of you probably care to admit.
      It doesnt get any gayer than this ^^^^^

Comment

I don't understand your childish repartee-if that's what it is. We are supposed to be grown-ups here. You obviously have no answers.
        I just told you what he weighed on fight night, and it's a fact, and you completely ignored it because you got proved wrong.

Comment

I don't think the Mayweathers "chose" those personnas. it's just the way they are. And because they have made a sort of local fame where they live, they see no need to conform to normal social mores. Mayweather Junior has always been like that; as he got older, and more prominent, he 'expanded' his personality. He now projects such a negative image that a certain clique, which almost every fighter has, who think the sun, moon and stars shine from this guy, felt that their idol just couldn't be the repulsive, abhorrent character that everyone sees, he must be just pretending.......... and so they concocted a completely fake overcoat for him, where he is just doing this to attract more money, that he's really a very nice guy, a Scarlet Pimpernel, that he's just too clever and is fooling the average person, etc. etc....... All just in their feverish imaginations.

That's why there are about 20,000 religious cults in California alone, by acolytes concocting a wonderful unreal tale about the object of their fixations and obsessions. It's the fault of these crazies, that Mayweather hasn't faced cold, stark reality until now, when it's far too late. And 2-3 months in gaol won't cure him, he'll be flashing his money around and everyone will be running to serve him and pat him on the back. the approval of gaolbirds. When he comes out he'll have greater notoriety and adoration from his crazies. He needed at least a 2 year sentence, like poor Corrales got, and in that time his imbecilic followers might have fixed on someone more deserving. That judge was either a fool or a political knave....
          How you and ray corso define morals is interesting. the difference between floyd and manny is floyd allegedly beat his kids mother and manny allegedly cheated on his wife getting a hooker pregnant. SO is it morals you really care about?

Guys like you are no different then fans that hated jack johnson,ali, roy, or tyson. You come up with what sounds like real reasons but at the end of the day you hate him because he is black and outspoken about his own talent. Period.

Guys like you hold floyd accountable for ceratin actions yet when guys you like do the same thing, well its no big deal. You hold floyd to the letter of the law but guys you like no. Yet you complain when floyd fans do the same thing you do.

Bottom line is floyd took advantage of his opportunity with ODH and made himself a box office star. Despite his persona, he trains harder than most and is a true student of the game. He earned his spot. Of course people like you make believe he just got here thru smoke and mirrors and no real effort.

Ive been watching boxing long before floyd and will long after floyd retires for real. What has never changed is the bitterness, anger and resentment of boxing fans that hate the fact that what has always driven this sport , no matter what era or age, is how can we find someone to defeat the dominant black champion.

You'd have hated jack, ali, roy and mike. Your hatred for floyd has been passed to you from your father and his. It surely isn't because he didn't fight some obscure bum like Margarito.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
            How you and ray corso define morals is interesting. the difference between floyd and manny is floyd allegedly beat his kids mother and manny allegedly cheated on his wife getting a hooker pregnant. SO is it morals you really care about?

Guys like you are no different then fans that hated jack johnson,ali, roy, or tyson. You come up with what sounds like real reasons but at the end of the day you hate him because he is black and outspoken about his own talent. Period.

Guys like you hold floyd accountable for ceratin actions yet when guys you like do the same thing, well its no big deal. You hold floyd to the letter of the law but guys you like no. Yet you complain when floyd fans do the same thing you do.

Bottom line is floyd took advantage of his opportunity with ODH and made himself a box office star. Despite his persona, he trains harder than most and is a true student of the game. He earned his spot. Of course people like you make believe he just got here thru smoke and mirrors and no real effort.

Ive been watching boxing long before floyd and will long after floyd retires for real. What has never changed is the bitterness, anger and resentment of boxing fans that hate the fact that what has always driven this sport , no matter what era or age, is how can we find someone to defeat the dominant black champion.

You'd have hated jack, ali, roy and mike. Your hatred for floyd has been passed to you from your father and his. It surely isn't because he didn't fight some obscure bum like Margarito.
            and it finally comes out. Typical whenever you dont like someone who happens to be black, it must be a race thing.

No wonder you're such a Floyd fan, you think alike.

Comment

• Maybe to casual fans, but not to me or alot of the hardcore followers of the sport.

Comment

• When Floyd and Manny leave, there will be other people who become draws.

Alvarez, Khan, Broner, Donaire, Mares, M. Garcia, Dulorme, Benavidez, Russell Jr, Chavez Jr, etc.

There will always be others fighters that come up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxn View Post
                  and it finally comes out. Typical whenever you dont like someone who happens to be black, it must be a race thing.

No wonder you're such a Floyd fan, you think alike.
                  Not just race. I said black fighters that are outspoken about their own talent. Jack Johnson, ALi, Tyson, Floyd. Really no different. SO Mosley, SRL, and other black fighters don't fit that mold.

In all of our debates I have never mentioned anything about you and race. But read the post. If you have a moral problem with floyd and not manny, well what else could it be beside race?
                  Last edited by The Big Dunn; 03-28-2012, 06:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxn View Post
                    thats odd i remmeber myself being more into boxing when Floyd was on his 2 year retirement.
                    This is the first thing that came to mind when I read the thread title. Boxing was doing just fine when Floyd went on his hiatus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                      Not just race. I said black fighters that are outspoken about their own talent. Jack Johnson, ALi, Tyson, Floyd. Really no different. SO Mosley, SRL, and other black fighters don't fit that mold.

In all of our debates I have never mentioned anything about you and race. But read the post. If you have a moral problem with floyd and not manny, well what else could it be beside race?
                      One thing I never understood was, as much of a POS that Mike Tyson was out of the ring with exception to the time he decided to dine on Holy's ear, why was there nowhere near the hate for him that Floyd has? People actually cheered for Tyson when he entered an arena on fight night. I cant remember the last time there was a pro Floyd fanbase in any of his fights. Hatton traveled from half way around the world and had more fans in the MGM than Floyd did. Tyson was idolized and still is till this day. Tyson was outspoken and even went to jail for rape, yet the majority of fans still loved him. Where did Floyd go wrong?

Comment

Working...
                      X