Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez vs Lee, Winner Gets Sergio Martinez in The Fall?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chavez vs Lee, Winner Gets Sergio Martinez in The Fall?

In a recent conversation with BoxingScene.com, promoter Lou DiBella said that he is hopeful that he can match his fighter Sergio Martinez against WBC middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. later this year. The New Yorker revealed that he has had conversations with Chavez's co-promoter, Top Rank in regards to a scenario where Chavez will face his fighter Andy Lee in June and Martinez will face the winner of that fight in the fall. [Click Here To Read More]

What's it matter? He will just get a platinum belt after they "strip" him

Comment

Why don't they just stop this already?? We know Chavez goes no where near Martinez. He might not have to. Lee is a very tall order. I'd be surprized if they make that fight for chacez.

Comment

pure BS as I read @ WBC convention last yr Jr was 2 box SM after Rubio...pure politics from Jr/Arum/WBC & fear of a beating...

Comment

Martinez vs Lee in September. If Chavez does get past Lee and signs to fight Martinez he deserves major credit.

Comment

If Andy Lee boxes smart and chavez doesn't come in weighing 200 pounds he will give Jnr a beating, Lee is by far the more skillful fighter, he's quicker, a better puncher, has height and reach advantages and has an awkward southpaw style to boot. Lee's big problem is his stamina, which no two ways about it is dodgy. I was ringside during a fight which he dominated throughout until the last two rounds where he started looking pretty tired and what was a one sided boxing lesson turned into a bit of a brawl - he's improved since then though.

Once he avoids allowing chavez to turn it into a war, stays on the outside and jabs chavez's face off, he'll not only beat the paper champion, he'll give him a boxing clinic. It would also be far far better for the sport if Lee won, Lee isn't running scared of martinez and so we'd get a long awaited unification fight. So basically anybody supporting the paper champion in this one is either ******ed or mexican.

Big problem with this though is if it goes to decision lee will probably get robbed.

Comment

Andy will go to KO this anabolic boy JR.

Comment

They'll never fight Martinez. JCC Jr will just vacate, watch! The kids heart pumps kool-aid. Sulaimen will just figure out another way to give him another paper championship. Martinez is the real champion. All real boxing fans know this.

Comment

Originally posted by Camp Beast View Post
                  They'll never fight Martinez. JCC Jr will just vacate, watch! The kids heart pumps kool-aid. Sulaimen will just figure out another way to give him another paper championship. Martinez is the real champion. All real boxing fans know this.
                  If the Lee Chavez fight happens and Lee wins, Lee wil fight Martinez, If Chavez wins he'll just find some excuse to avoid him.

Comment

This fight is never happening.

I find it disgusting that a sanctioning body and a tv network are helping a guy duck fighters. I understand the promoter because thats there job.

Serg should just forget about it at this point. It sucks but thats the ways its gonna be.

Comment

Working...
                    X